Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".

Article about: Hi, Here is another one of my old dioramas it is in 1/35th scale and features a extensively super detailed late production Jagdpanther in a defensive ambush position somewhere in Germany 194

Default Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".

Hi,
    Here is another one of my old dioramas it is in 1/35th scale and features a extensively super detailed late production Jagdpanther in a defensive ambush position somewhere in Germany 1945, the commander is being questioned by one of the military policemen who are out patrolling for deserters he is particularly interested in the abandoned equipment by the fountain. The commander tells him he does not know where the Volksturm men may have gone and cannot help them further, he wouldn't actually tell them if he did know because like all frontline fighting men he hates the "Chaindogs" as the soldiers call the MP's due to the chained gorgets they wear around there necks. This was the scenario going through my mind when I built this scene I hope it makes sense, I stopped short of showing a hanged civilian Volksturm man as I thought it would be in bad taste and would be going too far. These photos were taken in 2002 on an old camera so are not great quality but give a good impression of the diorama.
    Cheers, Andy.
    Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".Visit from the Chaindogs, "looking for deserters".

A hell of a lot of effort went into that, well done.

TWS
    ?

That is really cool. Thanks for posting. When I was a young kid there was a hobby shop in a local mall that sold a lot of model kits. The shop allowed local enthusiasts to display their completed dioramas in the front window display and I loved going there and spending time gazing through the window at them.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Another "Well Done" for that creation. I must say along with you model /diorama skills you are quite a prolific photographer.

Awesome job!
    Semper Fi
    Phil