Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW1 Panzer !

Article about: Gents, first time ive been on this part of the forum....I recently obtained a 'Western' models 1/35 scale A7V WW1 German tank, it comes prebuilt, so I only had to paint it, only one problem,

Default WW1 Panzer !

Gents, first time ive been on this part of the forum....I recently obtained a 'Western' models 1/35 scale A7V WW1 German tank, it comes prebuilt, so I only had to paint it, only one problem, I had not done any modeling either building or painting since my early teens...I am now fifty four!, anyway I gave it go...I was pleased with the outcome, I'll let you guys give it the thumbs up or down.
    I didnt paint the fgure (I wish !).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010371.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	114854  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Default Re: WW1 Panzer !

Looks good Steve The painting is fine. You have not lost your touch.

I think I have posted this pic on the forum last year, but here is the full sized working replica A7V at Tank Fest last year. I was really taken with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	16487 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	114892  

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, first time ive been on this part of the forum....I recently obtained a 'Western' models 1/35 scale A7V WW1 German tank, it comes prebuilt, so I only had to paint it, only one problem, I had not done any modeling either building or painting since my early teens...I am now fifty four!, anyway I gave it go...I was pleased with the outcome, I'll let you guys give it the thumbs up or down.
    I didnt paint the fgure (I wish !).

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Ade, jimpy, thanks for that !...a full size A7V ! I like to find out more details about that, imagine the neighbours faces when you park that on the drive!
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

like the paint job especially as uve not done it for so long good stuff mate