Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hermann Goering

Article about: Hello gents Ive just watched 3 DVDs on Hermann Goering bloody interesting too I must say. I was wondering what ever happened to wife & daughter after the war ?.. & what happened to h

?

Default Hermann Goering

Hello gents

Ive just watched 3 DVDs on Hermann Goering bloody interesting too I must say. I was wondering what ever happened to wife & daughter after the war ?.. & what happened to his first wife ? I know she died but of what? & does anybody have any info on his awards & badges he wore!!! "photos etc" Cheers Guys Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goering
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hermann Goering

Goering was awarded the Grand Cross of the Iron Cross by Hitler, one of the highest honors of the Third Reich. Check out this link: Grand Cross of the Iron Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . He was also the sole recipient of a few other prestigious awards, I can't remember the names of them, but Albert Speer mentions them in his book. The highest honor Goering ever received was when he was chosen to be Hitler's successor.

Regards, Corey

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    The highest honor Goering ever received was when he was chosen to be Hitler's successor.
    Successor, or scapegoat?

?

Cheers Mr 1066,I knew he liked the shiney things!! lol.. He seemed to be 1 of the more likeable Nazis.. but still a villian mind.. but those DVDs were a good watch. thanks for the info Terry.

His second wife Emmy died in Munich in 1973. Last I heard his daughter by her, Edda, lived in South Africa. He had a stepson as well from his first wife Carin's previous marriage, Thomas von Kantzow. He died in hospital in 1973, not, as many have said by suicide.

The author Leonard Mosley, who interviewed him shortly before his death said; "Thomas was one of the saddest men I have ever met & he died a dissapointed man at the end of a ruined life".

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering. The instigator of "bling".

p.s. Good post Ned.

Ta Carl,

I forgot to say that Goering's 1st wife Carin, died in 1931 or '32 in Sweden I think, from heart failure due to complications arising from TB. Whichever, it was definitely before Hitler came to power.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    His second wife Emmy died in Munich in 1973. Last I heard his daughter by her, Edda, lived in South Africa. He had a stepson as well from his first wife Carin's previous marriage, Thomas von Kantzow. He died in hospital in 1973, not, as many have said by suicide.

The author Leonard Mosley, who interviewed him shortly before his death said; "Thomas was one of the saddest men I have ever met & he died a dissapointed man at the end of a ruined life".

Regards, Ned.
    Any relation?

?

Thanks ned for the infomation I was wondering about the loose ends because the dvd mentioned these people but not what happened to them!! & Im reading a massive book about the rise & fall of the TR so trying to read another book about HG would make my head explode!!! lol thanks again Terry.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Any relation?
    'Fraid not Scout,

Leonard Mosley was Chief War Correspondent for The Daily Telegraph. He wrote biographies on Goering, Orde Wingate, George Marshall, Walt Disney, Darryl F. Zanuck and many others.

What is an odd fact regarding the relationships mentioned here is that of Goering's first wife Carin and her great grandfather on her mothers side. He was William Beamish, joint founder of Beamish & Crawford, the brewer's famous for Beamish Irish Stout.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hermann Goering 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast