Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Albert Speer's architecture?

Article about: Can anyone recommend a reference book related to Albert Speer's Nürnberg architecture? Or if anyone has any period books or photos they would like to share

Default Albert Speer's architecture?

Can anyone recommend a reference book related to Albert Speer's Nürnberg architecture? Or if anyone has any period books or photos they would like to share

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Albert Speer's architecture?   Albert Speer's architecture?  

Last edited by StefanM; 10-26-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Albert Speer's architecture?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Albert Speer's architecture?

Does anyone have a copy of:

Albert Speer, Architektur: Arbeiten 1933-1942 (Berlin: Propyläen, 1978)

Reprint Albert Speer, Architektur: Arbeiten 1933-1942 (Berlin: Propyläen, 1995)

There's shedloads of examples on Amazon starting at around 70 Euro's, plus other books by him on the architecture of 'Germania' and other tomes about him and his trade by other authors.

Remember, Google is your friend.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Big Ned, although google is my buddy unfortunately he is illiterate so can't recommend the best reference work from all those he found for me... so much for a having a friend like him or even Siri for that matter
    Last edited by StefanM; 10-28-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Hello
    i would recomend to watch the series of Hitlers Henchmen with one of the eppisodes covering Speer, It is kind of his Bio and showed alot of his designs for Hitler.Another i seem to remember was called Speer the Good Nazi that showed his architecture within the t.r.
    Hope these help you, you should be able to find them on the History channels or youtube.
    Daniel

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    Hello
    i would recomend to watch the series of Hitlers Henchmen with one of the eppisodes covering Speer, It is kind of his Bio and showed alot of his designs for Hitler.Another i seem to remember was called Speer the Good Nazi that showed his architecture within the t.r.
    Hope these help you, you should be able to find them on the History channels or youtube.
    Daniel
    Will do

Many thanks Daniel!

A section of the majestic "Zeppelinhaupttribüne" by Albert Speer

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Albert Speer's architecture?   Albert Speer's architecture?  

Albert Speer Architecture 1932-1942: A superb lavishly illustrated, large "coffee table" book that has just been delivered...thanks Amazon

There is definitely something that I find awe-inspiring and almost "magical" in the aesthetic of some of Speer's work...this was truly architecture for the Gods!

Publisher's Overview

Architect Léon Krier asks, “Can a war criminal be a great artist?” Speer, Adolf Hitler's architect of choice, happens to be responsible for one of the boldest architectural and urban oeuvres of modern times.

First published in 1985 to an acute and critical reception, Albert Speer: Architecture 1932-1942 is a lucid, wide-ranging study of an important neoclassical architect. Yet is is simultaneously much more: a philosophical rumination on art and politics, good and evil. With aid from a new introduction by influential American architect Robert A. M. Stern, Krier candidly confronts the great difficulty of disentangling the architecture and urbanism of Albert Speer from its political intentions.
    Last edited by StefanM; 04-08-2013 at 06:45 AM.