Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anschluss vote today

Article about: Interesting article I first read in the Independent last night Over half of Austrians believe Nazi Party would be elected today Nick

Default Re: Anschluss vote today

If you think about it, Austria's infrastructure went relatively undamaged during WWII. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Austrians were bombed silly like the rest of Europe. I could understand why some Austrians might think that life "wasn't all that bad under the Nazis."

The problem is, we too often forget the costs of such societies. Like Steve said, this new self-righteous generation that is coming in is quickly forgetting what world war-scale losses are like.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anschluss vote today
    P
    Many

I blame Julie Andrews and all that rarified mountain air......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hang on, a poll conducted by a newspaper, and the results printed as a headline in said newspaper?
    Really
    I wonder what the questions were?
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2