Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any lists of fallen US planes?

Article about: Hi all! I was wondering if there is some kind of list like this. Friends grandma told us that there was a fallen plane (probably US since they were bombing the Borongaj airstrip in Zagreb).

Default Any lists of fallen US planes?

Hi all! I was wondering if there is some kind of list like this. Friends grandma told us that there was a fallen plane (probably US since they were bombing the Borongaj airstrip in Zagreb). Ill go to the site, i tried to find any data on internet and nothing showed up. Any help appricated, also if the US list exist, could a german one exist? I know where a german one fell also, not pinpointed since the man who told this to my dad died a long time ago. He took the wheels of that german plane and put them on a truck used for harvesting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any lists of fallen US planes?
    P
    Many

I believe such lists do exist but not on the internet, at least in their entirety and not as a convenient list. There is Tony Woods Luftwaffe Claims listings but you would need to know the specifics to enable you to look up the details and the lists are not complete...
    http://lesliesawyer.com/claims/tonywood.htm

Most of the details you seek are held in archives and private files and you would need to know the dates of the crashes to be able to locate details. If you know the dates of when the two aircraft crashed then you might like to try the 12 O'Clock High Forum as there are members there who have spent many years trawling the archives compiling loss details.

Thank you for the page. To add; the planes did not crash, the american bomber was probably damaged or shot with anti air weapons. The german one is a sepparate incident, 45-50km further.

This might help in narrowing down the dates for US air raids. But you will still need to have access to the archives/ask someone who has trawled the archives for any details on the aircraft...
    Bombing of Zagreb in World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe the sources listed at the bottom of that page could be of help.

?

DTVPKING what was the date of this crash and what type of Bomber. As you can see that the link by hucks216 shows the 12th and 15th Air Force were involved in these bombing raid. If you can find the date and then find the Bomb Group that was on the mission then we can find the aircraft that was shot down during the mission and possibly find the names of those who flew that mission and their outcome.
    I do this kind work for the 8th AF 384th Bomb Group Association website.

Semper Fi
    Phil