MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Apocalypse World War II

Article about: by operaman Hey guys there is a new series On the Smithsonian channel called The Apocalypse World War II. I have seen a lot of documentary's on the war and I thought I had see all the clips

Default The Apocalypse World War II

Hey guys there is a new series On the Smithsonian channel called The Apocalypse World War II.
    I have seen a lot of documentary's on the war and I thought I had see all the clips that were out there. This new series is by a French production company that has come across 600 reels of un seen footage Incredible color film from German Russian American and Japanese sources,things like the Polish cavalry attack on German Panzers in color ,the attack and the aftermath! footage of the Katyn Forest massacre before the cover up there is much more that I had never seen before There are 6 episodes and they all come on the Smithsonian channel check your local listings .Very cool

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Apocalypse World War II
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Apocalypse World War II

Cheers for the heads up

I'm guessing this is the one from 2009? Apocalypse: The Second World War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If so, not exactly new but very good in terms of footage

There was no Polish cavalry attack on panzers !
    I saw the series and it has some good footage, but nothing really new.
    Regardless worth watching.
    Last edited by meyle77; 09-17-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Good series but it dose not live us to World at War or WW2 in colour
    Good watch anyway

I am sorry you are not correct.Please check Google,or watch the series I talked about.I also have a commemorative postcard of a painting that hung in the House of German Art ,I will post if you would like to see.

- - Updated - -

It was and I had never seen it before.Thought it was new.Well it was new to me .

My gf bought it for me for Xmas two years ago and I must say I was disappointed. It's not a bad watch, but they pumped it up big time on the commercials. I had seen most of the footage but they claimed there was so much new stuff. I have a $10 dvd series in color that was shorter but better.

?

Polish cavalry attaks on german tanks.....? Hmmmmmm......

I've had this episode saved to 'Favourites' for a while now. The others in the series are on the right hand side, just click on them when ready!

Apocalypse : The Führer - YouTube

BTW, the colour footage is nearly all modern re-tinted B&W footage, but it's not a bad watch.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

RE: Polish Cavalry Myth.

The myth of the Polish cavalry attacking panzers is a creation of German and even Italian propaganda. Polish cavalry was active during the campaign and acted as horse mounted infantry. One of the most successful cavalry charges took place at Krojanty, where elements of 18th Uhlans Regiment attacked and destroyed German infantry battalion only to be counterattacked by German armored unit. Uhlans attempted to withdraw and suffered heavy losses. This event lead to the story of Polish cavalry charges on panzers.

Question to ask - why would an army equipped with tanks attack enemy tank with lances and sabres ? It makes no sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast