Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Art stolen by the Nazi's found in Munich

Article about: Hello all , just thought I would bring this disgraceful act to your attention, if I have posted this in the wrong section I apologise in advance. 1,500 pieces of "looted" art inclu

Probably ended up in a Goodwill after the family cleaned out his house...or even got tossed..These idiots never think to Write Down and make a List of what they have stashed, so when they suddenly drop over one day, their families have no clue at all what they have or are looking at, and Out it goes...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Art stolen by the Nazi's found in Munich
    P
    Many

Amazing stuff...Now I have a good reason to check out the artwork for sale at GoodWill...hey, you never know, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

...on the subject of stolen artworks WWII.

An article in The Times (London) newspaper 8 November 2013 regarding works of art stolen by the USSR towards the end of the war valued at 80 times more than the collection found in Munich.

© The Times
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Art stolen by the Nazi's found in Munich  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Last edited by big ned; 05-07-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Obit added.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I read about this in vanity fair magazine

I saw a film on Gurlitt on Arte TV.
    The collection was parltly destroyed in Dresden during the terrible air attack, after he was( the father)with a small part of all the collection.
    I remember experts saw the painting and 80 % were to Gurlitt.
    But I think they wait he die.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

If they give back everything in the British Museum that was looted from Egypt and the Middle East they will have an empty building. Then when the artifacts are safely housed in an Arab museum, and they have another "spring", the items will be looted this time by the Arabs themselves and sold back to the British Museum. So why bother....all that work for nothing.

US troops did not loot Baghdad's museum, an Iraqi mob did that...In fact, it was already looted before troops even got there...And the items that were recovered by US Forces wouldn't be kept in the US as spoils of war, but returned to Iraq...
    To insinuate that there was a mob of unruly US troops going on an antiquities free-for-all is absurd...
    Hitler looted European artwork for his planned museum in Linz, not as a goodwill gesture to keep it safe from the bombing...I doubt he so much as shed a tear for the destruction and lost artwork of Dresden, let alone the dead...

cheers, Glenn

I don't know whether it is correct or not but from what I read Mr Gurlitt had agreed to hand over all of the artwork that was proven to have been stolen ,but could keep them until the "facts" were established. I guess he knew that there was a very good chance he would retain them for the rest of his life as the legal system is not known for it's speedy resolutions! Leon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3