Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Berchtesgaden Bahnhof Eagle up for Auction.

Article about: Hi guys, An interesting item has cropped up on the Andreas Thies auction house website that will be in the upcoming auction. It's the eagle that was attached to the wall somewhere on the Ber

Default Berchtesgaden Bahnhof Eagle up for Auction.

Hi guys,

An interesting item has cropped up on the Andreas Thies auction house website that will be in the upcoming auction. It's the eagle that was attached to the wall somewhere on the Berchtesgaden railway station during the 3rd Reich period. Imagine the infamous people who saw this hugely impressive piece of carved wood? It's a shame the photo doesn't give the size of it some perspective by standing say, a man next to it, because it measures a massive 3.8m x 4.0m (12'6" x 13') and weighs 800Kgs (1760lbs)!!!

I wonder how this huge relic has suddenly appeared? I wonder if it's got something to do with the Deutsche Bahn putting the station up for sale in August? Was it found there in the cellar whilst the building was being cleared for sale perhaps? Questions, questions....

Anyway, it'll need a very big wall to hang it, but then if you can afford to buy it you probably have a space big enough to do so. Bidding starts at 45,000 Euro's.

All aboard, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berchtesgaden Bahnhof Eagle up for Auction.  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berchtesgaden Bahnhof Eagle up for Auction.
    P
    Many

?

Amazing Now that would be something to have on the livingroom wall! But I imagine the shipping cost would be crazy
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Quote by inka View Post
    Amazing Now that would be something to have on the livingroom wall! But I imagine the shipping cost would be crazy
    You could sit on it and row it home perhaps? You know, Norway?... Vikings? It would be a doddle for you Inka!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by inka View Post
    You'd better have a very well built house for hanging that!

Ned,thats a cracker.LOL.

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    You'd better have a very well built house for hanging that!
    Come to think of it, many old railway stations are for sale. Just saying.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Come to think of it, many old railway stations are for sale. Just saying.
    It's been the policy over there for sometime now Andreas. Deutsche Bahn have been closing down and selling off stations and associated buildings on non profitable branch lines for several years now. The same thing happened over here a lot in the last few years, our village railway station being turned into a pub, suprisingly called 'The Station'.

Regards, Ned.

45,000 euros? I imagine that someone who paid that amount so surely must idolize the Third Reich and Nazi Germany , the opposite would be insane , for me it is rubbish

Quote by big ned View Post
    our village railway station being turned into a pub, suprisingly called 'The Station'.

I can only imagine the late nights the marketing team spent coming up with that name.

Well at least they didn't go the way of these city pubs and named it 'The Slug & Lettuce', 'The Winking Frog' or worse, one of those Oirish themed bars called 'Wifey McBeatys' or some other such crap......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast