Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Best Books on Operation Barbarossa and German campaigns/History

Article about: Hi looking for a good book from the German side of Operation Barbarossa Ive seen a few not sure what to start with, heres a few ive been looking at War without Garlands: Operation Barbarossa

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Your welcome ironcross. Plenty more titles I can suggest if ya need em. Try Amazon if you can for cheap deals. I only recommend the best.
    Cheers, looking for books on the Russian front, i cant find 1941
    Lenningrad is on my list

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Just a suggestion for the Gent across the pond. Our library's here(US) will do a search for a title and ISBN for a book and search the country for it and then you do what is called a inter library loan. I have used this to get some of my interest like "Silver wings pinks and greens" I have done this on several reference books that I was interested in and wanted to read before I bought.
    Just my 2 centavos on this subject
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks not a bad idear, any links to them books?

-Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Best Books on Operation Barbarossa and German campaigns/History
    P
    Many

War Without Garlands is a must have if you are looking to read up on Barbarossa.

Lightbulb

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Try Ostkrieg Hitlers war of Extermination in the East by Steven Fritz. Also 1941 by David Stahl. Both are excellent..
    I'll second those - plus the very good ' Operation Barbarossa and Germany's Defeat In The East' by Stahel ( Cambridge 2009 ). As others have mentioned, Kershaw's 'War Without Garlands' is a brilliant amalgam of personal accounts, giving a very vivid and readable account of the invasion.

Quite a few good ones out there but I found out it can get expensive. I got smart finally and seized my wife's Kindle. Downloaded Lenningrad and Survivors of Stalingrad this year both for $10 each. Amazon has em cheap if they have been out of print a while. Will suggest more titles if Ironcross or other members are interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2