Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Best reference books for German WW2 Awards & Medals?

Article about: As the title says.. here a very basic question: What are the most recommended "must have" reference- books for german WW2 Medals & Awards? I believe there are many of us oth he

Default Best reference books for German WW2 Awards & Medals?

As the title says.. here a very basic question:

What are the most recommended "must have" reference- books for german WW2 Medals & Awards?

I believe there are many of us oth here who want to learn more, so whart is the most didactic material?
    Even if i ask about Awards & Medals, if there is other überbasic- reference material on other topics, it can also be mentioned..

Cheers..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Best reference books for German WW2 Awards & Medals?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Ask 10 people get 10 answers. But here are a few observations

1) Purchase specific books on specific awards or branch of service, not a single book on all awards
    2) If you are looking for a very very general book on awards, The Awards of Heer Vol 1 and 2 are good
    3) I would recommend visiting Bender publishing or B&D Publishing. Almost all of the books on either website are very good.

B&D Publishing: B&D Publishing LLC

Bender Publishing: Home

4) You probably know this but books have errors (even the best) and are written at a point in time.
    5) Good books are EXPENSIVE.

Here are a few of my favorites. But as I'm sure you will see from other posters, there are dozens of favorite high quality books.

1) The German Panzer Assault Badge vol 1& 2 by Philippe De Bock - no better book
    2) The Kriegsmarine Awards by Sascha Weber/ Gerhard Skora
    3) The General Assault Badge by Frank Heukemes - out of print but can be found
    4) The Iron Cross 1. Class by Maetz & Stimson
    5) Luftwaffe & Heer Paratrooper Badges by Thomas Durante
    6) The Infantry Assault Badges - Sascha Weber
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)