Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black Edelweiss

Article about: by Glenn66 Jeez Nick, we have the same tastes! I've had that one for about a month but haven't got around to reading it yet. I'm collecting books faster than I can read them at the moment! L

Default Re: Black Edelweiss

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Jeez Nick, we have the same tastes! I've had that one for about a month but haven't got around to reading it yet. I'm collecting books faster than I can read them at the moment!
    Lol! I am the same !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Edelweiss
    P
    Many

?

Try any or all of the following Grenadiers by Panzer Meyer , Viking Panzers by Ewald Klapdor , Tragedy of the Faithful by Wilhelm Tieke, The Last Knight of Flanders by Allen Brandt , Armour Battles of the Waffen SS by Will Fey , Hells Gate by Doug Nash , Death of a Leaping Horsemen by Jason Marks , Jochen Peiper Commander Panzer Regiment Leibstandarte all contain excellent first hand Battle accounts and unit histories of different units mainly Waffen SS but also DOLH is about the 24 Panzer Divison at Stalingrad.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Just seen that 'Death of a Leaping Horseman' is selling for £245 on Amazon! Must be good!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Just seen that 'Death of a Leaping Horseman' is selling for £230 on Amazon! Must be good!

Nick
    Blimey Nick £230 !! My copy is now signed by 15 Stalingrad veterans i wonder how much it would go for ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Blood Red Snow is very good. Under the crooked cross by Gerhard Hennes is also a good first hand account. And I just picked up The First Retreat - an excellent account from all sides on the first Russian winter. NH

I would like to include forgotten Soldier by Guy Sager. Great read

Unfortunately the Guy Sager story is generally considered to be fiction these days. A shame, as I really enjoyed the book.

I have just read "as far as my feet will carry me". One guy who walked out of Siberia after escaping from the prisoner of war camp. It's awesome.

cheers

tony

Blood red snow is must read IMO. Sepp alberger book is good, bruno stuckus book (scans of his sniper logs in it),
    At the gates of leinengrad is pretty good, but it was not my fav. He is FO Art, Lot of talk some good action, not action as much as Blood red snow.
    Walking Away from thrid reich is very good book, slow at first but speeds up. (he was in the 1st mountain Div).
    4 years 3 fronts
    Panzer comander

Quote by spandau View Post
    I have just read "as far as my feet will carry me". One guy who walked out of Siberia after escaping from the prisoner of war camp. It's awesome.

cheers

tony
    The movie was pretty good too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast