Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945

Article about: Dear Members I have just finished reading a most interesting little book regarding the Russians who fought along the Germans in ww2. It is written by Lt.Gen Wladyslaw Anders, and the book is

?

Thumbs up Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945

Dear Members

I have just finished reading a most interesting little book regarding the Russians who fought along the Germans in ww2.
    It is written by Lt.Gen Wladyslaw Anders, and the book is edited by Antonio Munoz.
    Axis europa books 1997.

It does not have so many photos, but still have alot of facinating details some collectors are unaware of.

I recommend this book for the collector of Volunteer militaria, and for researchers of the Russian Vlassov movement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945   Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945  

Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945   Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945  

Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945   Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945
    P
    Many

Default Re: Book: Russian Volunteers in Hitlers Army, 1941.1945

Thanks Trond! Will keep that one in mind

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Here is a part of the book i wish to share with you. It is the words of a British sailor on pg 41 and 42- I have not altered anything:

"I took part in the evacuation of Dunkirk. Our soldiers felt very badly. I helped to fish out Germans from the sunken Bismarck, which received the greatest number of torpedoes in history. I saw the population of Malta sitting in their cellars for many weeks. I saw Malta being bombed incessantly and deafened by explosions of bombs and shells. They were exhausted from constant explosions and alarms. I lived through the sinking of my own ship. I know about jumping into the water at night, dark and without bottom, and the terrifying shouts for help of the drowning, and then the boat, and looking for for the rescue ship. It was a nightmare. I drove German prisoners captured during the invasion of Normandy. They were almost dying from fear. But all this is nothing.
    The real, terrible, unspeakable fear I saw during the convoying and repatriation of people to Sovjet Russia. They were becoming white, green and gray with fear that took hold of them. When we arrived at the port and were handing them over to the Russians, the repatriates were fainting and losing their senses. And only now I know what a man`s fear is who lived through hell, and that is nothing compared to the fear of a man who is returning to the Sovjet hell
    ."

--------

I sure would not like to be in their boots being recaptured by the Russians after siding with the Germans and General Vlasov. Bet they did not have a quick death. Hell they sent their own POWs to Siberia that had surrendered to the Germans during the war. Yeah That Stalin was a real peach.