Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

The "Booty Line" at Camp Lucky Strike

Article about: Here is an interesting picture I found showing a long line of GIs carrying war souvenirs to bring back to the United States following the surrender of Germany. The "Booty Tent" at

Default The "Booty Line" at Camp Lucky Strike

Here is an interesting picture I found showing a long line of GIs carrying war souvenirs to bring back to the United States following the surrender of Germany. The "Booty Tent" at Lucky Strike looks like it was a popular place All ofthat stuff looks great!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The "Booty Line" at Camp Lucky Strike  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The "Booty Line" at Camp Lucky Strike
    P
    Many

OKW
    ?

Default Re: The "Booty Line" at Camp Lucky Strike

Who was it who said the Germans fight for their country, the British so they can go home and the Yanks for souvenirs?
    Striking off at a tangent does anyone remember or be old enough to have watched a programme called all our yesterdays. On on Saturday mornings when there were only the 2 channels available. This was a series of newsreel type programmes showing the war. One clip which has stuck in my mind is that of thousands of German pow lined up in front of tables, possibly 20 or so. The soldier approached the table, part of a long line, where the breast eagle was cut off, shoulder straps removed, i don't know if ss troops were there, probably not as they were all rounded up as war criminals, but collar patches were also being removed. These items were dropped into a bucket next to the table. When the buckets were full they were taken to 45 gallon oil drums, nicely alight, and tipped in. Denazification.