Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Can anybody help me find a commander?

Article about: I need help, assistance, aid and support! For days now I have been trying to find out where Kriegsmarine Korvettenkapitän Zur See or Kapitän Zur See Dr. E Pfeiffer was stationed, and what he

Default Can anybody help me find a commander?

I need help, assistance, aid and support!

For days now I have been trying to find out where Kriegsmarine Korvettenkapitän Zur See or Kapitän Zur See Dr. E Pfeiffer was stationed, and what he was stationed on - cruiser, battleship, u-boat etc.
    I really am in dire straits and haven´t got a clue as where to look or search. Google didn´t help much.
    uboat.net or uboataces.com didn´t help much either

Help... anybody?
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 01-10-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Typo.

Default Re: Can anybody help me find a commander?

Stinschen: Is he a medical or an academic doctor? Unless he was a member of the NSDAP, his service records will be in the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) in Berlin Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) In fact, even if he was a Party member, his non-SS/SA service records should be there. But they will need more information than you have posted here. And, in any case, be prepared for a lot of "we can't do it because..." German archives have developed burocratic hand-wringing to an art. Dwight

Default Re: Can anybody help me find a commander?

Hi Dwight.

I posted this just when I had found a Captains visor cap from Germany and almost bought it. Thank you for your help, much appreciated