Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Coin of Haavara

Article about: I dont know if here is the correct place to post this, please, if it's the wrong place, just move it to the right one. I found this coin with another objects from the Nazi Germany. I found i

Default Coin of Haavara

I dont know if here is the correct place to post this, please, if it's the wrong place, just move it to the right one.

I found this coin with another objects from the Nazi Germany. I found it wird: a nazi suastika on one face and a Davi star on another. Some friends told me is an coin from Haavara agreement that happened in 1933 with the Nazi party and the Judish community.

Anyone know more about it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Coin of Haavara   Coin of Haavara  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Coin of Haavara
    P
    Many

Lacativa: The coin commemorates a trip that Baron Leopold Itz Edler von Mildenstein made to Palestine in 1933. Von Mildenstein was an SS officer whose functions were mainly writing about Jews for the prdless. The words on the coin, “Ein Nazi Fährt Nach Palastina und wird Erzählt davon im Angriff” refer to the von Mildenstein trip and that his report on the trip was published in Der Angriff. Briefly, the Haavara Agreement, signed on 7 August 1933, was an agreement between the German Government and the Jewish Agency for Palestine and the Zionostische Vereinigung für Deutschland, that allowed approximately 60,000 Jews to emigrate to Palestine from 1933 to 1939. In the process, about 140 million Reichmark were transferred together with the Jewish refugees. Haavara is Hebrew for “Transfer.” The sources for this are "German Interest in the Haavara Transfer, 1933-1939," The Leo Baek Institute Yearbook, vol. 35, p. 245, and Jewish Emigration from the Third Reich, Holocast Handbook, vol. 2 Castle Hall Publishing, 2016, p. 44. Dwight
    Last edited by drmessimer; 11-03-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Awsome! Thanks for the reply!

You are welcome