MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Copyright ends late 2015 for Adolf Hitlers book Mein Kampf (my struggle )

Article about: Quoted from web source What Happens When Mein Kampf's Copyright Expires? | The New Republic While historians have long debated how many Germans actually read Mein Kampf during the Third Reic

Very true. It started off poorly and rapidly went downhill from there. I was having to force myself to read every paragraph whilst mentally arguing with the author other every twisted 'fact' and 'conclusion' he was drawing.

I only bought it because it was a 1st edition American copy and therefore of some limited historical interest to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Copyright ends late 2015 for Adolf Hitlers book Mein Kampf (my struggle )
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I could only make it about 1/2 way through...utter dross.
    You did a lot better than me, i got to about page 50!....

In Germany Mein Kampf is not a prohibited book, it is legal to buy and sell the pre 1945 copies. Only reprinting is illegal because copyright belongs to the Bavaria. So everybody who is interested can buy it even today without any problems. or read in from the internet.

I belive actually nothing will be happen when that book will be published again. I belive in the free speach and when something is "prohibited" people start to think that there have to se something really interesting in that book. I have a copy of Mein Kampf but really never readed it more than 30-50 pages.

I find it absolutely absurd, however, that they did publish a 2000+ page edition of it just so that they could fill it with scholarly musings of "Hitler was Bad" Hitler was Nuts" Hitler was Wrong" "Hitler had no Clue" "Hitler was an Idiot". Did they really need to do this? I wonder how many copies they sold....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I found the piece on the history of the NSDAP very interesting and readable, much of the rest was German history which didn't interest me much. If you can't read the book go back to school. All this crap that Hitler was an evil man so I couldn't read his book is rubbish.

?

Quote by EddyR View Post
    I found the piece on the history of the NSDAP very interesting and readable, much of the rest was German history which didn't interest me much. If you can't read the book go back to school. All this crap that Hitler was an evil man so I couldn't read his book is rubbish.
    And just who are you to tell people to "go back to school" because reading the babblings of a mad man impossible to follow.
    I Have 4 University degrees culminating in a Terminal Graduate Degree teaching University level Art Education and am quite handy at reading and comprehending subjects.
    Trying to read Mine Kamph is like stepping into a pile of dog $hit. You are sorry you did it and promise yourself you won't do it again. Both occurrences are similar in scope and nature.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    And just who are you to tell people to "go back to school" because reading the babblings of a mad man impossible to follow.
    I Have 4 University degrees culminating in a Terminal Graduate Degree teaching University level Art Education and am quite handy at reading and comprehending subjects.
    Trying to read Mine Kamph is like stepping into a pile of dog $hit. You are sorry you did it and promise yourself you won't do it again. Both occurrences are similar in scope and nature.
    Bravo!!

Mart

Quote by EddyR View Post
    If you can't read the book go back to school. All this crap that Hitler was an evil man so I couldn't read his book is rubbish.
    Don't plan on sticking around long with that attitude...The book is a tediously-written, literary trainwreck...That's why it's such a tortuous read- In both the original German and the English Translation...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-06-2015 at 10:32 PM.

EddyR get over it man, if it was printed on soft paper it'd be great toilet paper, it's just rambling bulls*t!...

Hitler was a man with many ideas in his head. Some good....most bad. He came from a low existence in a turbulent and chaotic time. Unfortunately, he was Not the literary kind of person who could put his thoughts into words on paper. He was an excellent public speaker, but as for writing? Pretty much a failure, but then again, he never did do well in school. Instead, he tended to rely on others to be his speech writers and authors. He would give them the basic concept and let Them work it out and write it down so that he could proof read the results and deliver the speeches. Politicians even today do this, and he was no different. This generally worked okey for him, but when it came to things like full texted Books-there is where the idea stumbled. He depended on wooden-minded dolts like Hess to do the nuts and bolts writing For him and thus today we have masterpieces of dullness and numbing dreary passages as found in Mein kampf.

Yes, I did read Mein Kampf some many years ago, and it was something that I do not remember with pleasant memories. For someone who has written books himself-as well as having read actual thousands of them over the decades, reading Mein Kampf was a forced task to complete. Even the infamous monotonous droning of the 20th century Russian authors pale Mein Kampf by comparison. Finishing it was an actual Effort. You are, of course,certainly allowed to believe what you wish about Hitler the Man. One must always do the research and make for your own conclusions. No one can Tell you what your opinions are-they can only come from yourself. But as for Hitler the Author? No one has ever pretended that Hitler was a skilled and superb author. Not only did he seldom write the works himself, but the men he had Do the writing for him were extremely poorly chosen and had little to no talent for the task. You can dig through the drek with determination and effort to Attempt to find the actual ideas and concepts that Hitler was trying to convey to the people he was addressing, but it is a project of no small labor and is generally destined to lose. Even the devoted and loyal adherents of the day usually Owned a copy of the work-prominently displayed in their homes and offices, but would confess,if pressed,that they had never actually Read it. It was, and is, a Very difficult and near impossible work to read.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast