Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Danish Museum

Article about: Hi guys, want to show you some pictures from my visit to the danish museum in copenhagen. Hope you like it.

Default Danish Museum

Hi guys,

want to show you some pictures from my visit to the danish museum in copenhagen.

Hope you like it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danish Museum
    P
    Many

Interesting pictures Nico, looks a good Museum to visit

A little eclectic in the way parade and combat items are displayed together, but an interesting collection I would enjoy wandering around.

My friend lives in DK, I'm going over next year to see her so I will insist on going here. I'm sure she'll be over the moon.
    Nick

Here are more pictures.....

Here is the link for the museum: The Royal Danish Arsenal Museum

The German items are chosen because they have a connection to Denmark. They are part of the exhibition that is supposed to highlight the wars that Denmark has been a part of from 1500 and until today. Hence the "eclectic" mix of uniforms. It is by no means a WWII museum.

?

Cool

If you are going to visit that museum then you should also plan on visiting Acres Hus - probably spelled wrong? It is strictly a WW 2 museum, primarily dedicate to the Danish resistance. Lots of very interesting WW 2 German stuff and also some interesting Danish resistance items.
    These have enuf items that you can not go thru everything and enjoy what you are seeing if you try to hurry, so you should plan on a day for each one.
    Sarge

?

My favorite part of The Royal Danish Arsenal Museum.

Danish MuseumDanish MuseumDanish MuseumDanish MuseumDanish Museum

Quote by Sarge View Post
    If you are going to visit that museum then you should also plan on visiting Acres Hus - probably spelled wrong? It is strictly a WW 2 museum, primarily dedicate to the Danish resistance. Lots of very interesting WW 2 German stuff and also some interesting Danish resistance items.
    These have enuf items that you can not go thru everything and enjoy what you are seeing if you try to hurry, so you should plan on a day for each one.
    Sarge
    Are you thinking of Akershus, because that is in Norway and houses the museums of Norwegian resistance. The museum of Danish resistance burned down a couple of years ago, but the entire collection (save for a few things) were saved. A replacement for the burned down museum is planned and about to be build at the old location.