Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Das Boot mini serious

Article about: Sorry if this is in the wrong thread mods, but started to watch this appears to have been very well made, available on Sky Atlantic UK 6 part series i believe.

Default Das Boot mini serious

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread mods, but started to watch this appears to have been very well made, available on Sky Atlantic UK 6 part series i believe.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Das Boot mini serious
    P
    Many

Yes, I saw the first two episodes (missed 30 mins of ep1 so don't know why that sailor was executed, was it because he endagered the boat or something?) and it does look like it will develop well.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

He was shot for cowardice under attack, you can get it all on catch up,,, lot of boobs too.

CBH
    ?

Now thats a Review that will peek interest !
    U-Boobs

Wow, can't believe this has been re-made ! I remember watching the original series in the early 80s, then watching the film on a ferry crossing in 1984 !
    Regards
    Paul

They will not improve on the original, a classic I remember being glued to back in 1984 I think.

The series was utter rubbish, full of silly plots and total disregard for the actual historical situation-the 'Soviet coaster loaded with a dozen Jewish refugees in the mid Atlantic' thing was uproarious, let alone the launching 2 torpedoes to sink it-also a brand new Type VIIc U boat having a total of 1 20mm cannon as its AA armament in late 1942 etc etc The random switching between German, English and French for no reason didn't help-a real disappointment and yet a 2nd season has been announced!

Well i like it so far, to be fair our hobby given air time via TV/Cinema does not give us many choices these days.

Which makes the series all the more of a problem-was shown here in Oz late last year on free to air TV-it rated poorly.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The series was utter rubbish, full of silly plots and total disregard for the actual historical situation-the 'Soviet coaster loaded with a dozen Jewish refugees in the mid Atlantic' thing was uproarious, let alone the launching 2 torpedoes to sink it-also a brand new Type VIIc U boat having a total of 1 20mm cannon as its AA armament in late 1942 etc etc The random switching between German, English and French for no reason didn't help-a real disappointment and yet a 2nd season has been announced!
    Well, to be fair it has to appeal to a wide demographic and something that would satify us as the "military trainspotters" that we are would likely bore the arse off Joe Public. The average punter has no clue of the specs of a Type VIIC and cares even less (suspension of belief etc). Many have absolutely no idea where Russia is anyway (it's somewhere far away and cold right?). As for plots there is nothing more silly IMO than the James Bond franchise but that is incredibly popular. I agree that the subtitles and language switching is a bit irritating but that is artistic right

Don't get me wrong, I go nuts over films with M3 halftracks and M60 tanks representing a Panzer Division and the ridiculous small arms sound effects (any one who has every heard an incoming rifle round will agree) but overall I have to say that so far it isn't anywhere near that standard.
    If I want factual accuracy I'll watch PBS or Discovery...err.. wait, no that's not right either

Each to his own I suppose but this is entertaiment and Die Hard 74 (Angry Cop in Dirty White Vest) it certainly isn't

I'll watch it, enjoy it but won't take it as Gospel. That's for Joe Public to argue in the pub over

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast