Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Death's Head Revisited (retribution time) in 9min 18sec; Twilight Zone

Article about: I have no words to express as I seen this on Rod Serlings Twilight zone. YouTube

Default Death's Head Revisited (retribution time) in 9min 18sec; Twilight Zone

I have no words to express as I seen this on Rod Serlings Twilight zone.

YouTube

Quote from the link :

" You didn’t bury them deep enough.” You can never bury your subconscious deep enough to wipe out the memories of the sadism that you gleefully joined into. You can only disguise it enough to fool yourself into thinking that you were not entirely at fault."
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Death's Head Revisited (retribution time) in 9min 18sec; Twilight Zone
    P
    Many

Recall this episode from the early 60s. Probably around 1962 season. I read Serling served in the Phillipines during WW 2 and was wounded in action. Always looked and sounded so professional. Unfortunately passed away in 1975 after suffering a heart attack.

I found it educational not just in the one link I posted above..but about how the episodes were produced and laced with whole truths of the topic at hand.

As much as we study this time period..sometimes we may become immune to what we are researching , studying ..or just trying to amass the largest collection ( look what I have just added to my display ) ..and the real denominator was what the lead figure stood for and where it went and then ended in catastrophe.

Such as what has been seen in the link above....reminds us not to forget the horrors behind the Black Uniforms and a sick figure with twisted ideas.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I guess it depends on the person, but I feel that many of us are more acutely aware of the story behind the items we are collecting than the average man in the streets. Hence the intense reaction when the uneducated see a swastika in our collection and label us a "nazi".

Serling was quite an individual. The original series cannot be duplicated because of the depth of the scenarios. The recent attempt to recreate the show will not match the original because they will have to make it simpler to grasp to appeal to a larger audience, in my opinion.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Serling was quite an individual. The original series cannot be duplicated because of the depth of the scenarios. The recent attempt to recreate the show will not match the original because they will have to make it simpler to grasp to appeal to a larger audience, in my opinion.
    Must say, the first revival (produced from 1985 to 1989) was pretty good, though, and featured an abundance of talent both in front of and particularly behind the camera giving us many a memorable episode.

In fact, Nightcrawlers (adapted from the eponymous short story by Robert R. McCammon and directed by William Friedkin of The Exorcist fame) is one of my all-time favorite bits of TV horror. A wonderfully atmospheric little piece of tight writing and direction.

I have to admit, I am a tad biased toward Rod Serling though, as he is from an area close to my hometown, making him somewhat a "hometown personality". I also admit to not having seen the 80's revival. I still feel like, as FB and I had once discussed, the Burgess Meredith episode of the original series was a classic. I liked the ability of the original series to be quite unsettling without being gory and bloody.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I still feel like, as FB and I had once discussed, the Burgess Meredith episode of the original series was a classic.
    It certainly is. Also, I can sympathize with the protagonist.