Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Die Waffen-SS und Polizei, 1939-1945 by Kurt Mehner

Article about: Anyone here read this book? Just ordered it as it looked interesting and pretty comprehensive, albeit in German language but I think I'll manage--- got it at a good used book price. Looking

Default Die Waffen-SS und Polizei, 1939-1945 by Kurt Mehner

Anyone here read this book? Just ordered it as it looked interesting and pretty comprehensive, albeit in German language but I think I'll manage--- got it at a good used book price. Looking forward to it so I'm really just curious to hear if anyone else here has read it and, if so, what they thought...

Still have more related books on my amazon list:

The German Police, March 1945
    by Antonio Munoz

Police Battalions of the Third Reich (Schiffer Military History) by Stephen Campbell (ordered just now)

Nicht ermittelt by Stefan Klemp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160213_2110142.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	935871

Haven't read it but I sure would like to know which polizei battalion this belonged to. Started a thread but no one knew. If you come across the answer you will be my hero
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Anyone here read this book? Just ordered it as it looked interesting and pretty comprehensive, albeit in German language but I think I'll manage--- got it at a good used book price. Looking forward to it so I'm really just curious to hear if anyone else here has read it and, if so, what they thought...

Still have more related books on my amazon list:

The German Police, March 1945
    by Antonio Munoz

Police Battalions of the Third Reich (Schiffer Military History) by Stephen Campbell (ordered just now)

Nicht ermittelt by Stefan Klemp

Don't forget (both by Massimo Arico):

Ordnungspolizei Vol 1: Encyclopedia of the German Police Batallions, September 1939- July 1942 (ISBN: 978-9185657995)

&

Ordnungspolizei: Ideological War and Genocide in the East 1941-42 (ISBN: 978-9185657209)

UK Cousin: I have no idea, to tell you the truth --- is it even possible to determine?

Hucks: Thanks for the recommendation! I had those on my list, I think, but they disappeared somehow --- will add them again and hopefully manage to acquire copies at reasonable prices!

I already received the Kurt Mehner book, seems like a good comprehensive tool for basics on a wide range of SS and some Police units --- I also have Police Battalions of the Third Reich on its way now, have read it's supposed to be a really good one so looking forward to checking it out!

Im thinking there may be a slight difference in insignia.. Im hoping you can tell me later!
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie