Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The fate of a german commando

Article about: Hi, found this photo online, appear to have been taken, after the shooting of a english speaking german commando. He had been caught infiltrating Us units. A very powerful photo.

Default Re: The fate of a german commando

Otto Skorzeny's who was in command of these units also talks of them in his "memoirs".

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Easy, guys. If that bloke had been SOE, you would be calling him a hero.
    Just sayin'.

Best Regards,

Andy

Was thinking the same thing myself...

Nitram

?

Unfortunately such was the fate for infiltrators, and in effect, spies, the same went for the Allied forces or a concentration camp where the sentence was carried out, but "justice" was swift in the field, having been interrogated the sentence was death, a sombre photo which really brings home the reality of the times

?

I had 3 uncles fighting in the Battle of the Buldge. These fellows were doing everything they could to see them dead.
    I just don't have any sympathy for them. Every man in the battle had a mother.
    I guess I have a different perspective about enemy dead in that my father fought the Japanese and was wounded as well as my 3 uncles fighting the Nazis. I grew up around them and loved them all and have the prejudices that my family had. That is the way of life.
    I have no feelings of sympathy for the men that I killed in Vietnam and have passed those thoughts down to my son. To me and my brothers in arms they were commie gooks, dinks, zipper heads, etc.
    So as far as the poor sod in the picture is concerned he knew what he was doing in an American uniform behind American lines and got what he deserved.
    I guess I am in a philosophic mood this afternoon.

After the battle of the bulge and the malmedy massacre the fate of any captured Germans who was in question to be a spy of a commando were most likely killed. This was seen when the Americans captured village after malmedy. The captured Germans some 14 of them were murdered and the youngest was only 16.

terrible stuff

Morris

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    After the battle of the bulge and the malmedy massacre the fate of any captured Germans who was in question to be a spy of a commando were most likely killed. This was seen when the Americans captured village after malmedy. The captured Germans some 14 of them were murdered and the youngest was only 16.
    terrible stuff

Indeed, terrible. From my fathers account of that time they were SS?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yes i believe it was some men from the 1 SS and a few a few men from Modals 4th panzer who were seeking refuge there.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    So as far as the poor sod in the picture is concerned he knew what he was doing in an American uniform behind American lines and got what he deserved.
    Be that as it may, had you have been killed in Vietnam I'm sure your father and uncles wouldn't look at a photo of your body and say, "He got what he deserved."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12