Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Fest Pi Stab 17

Article about: Hello Can anyone help me out with info on this unit. Fest PI stab 17 I'm on the understanding its a Fortification Engineer staff Unit. Working on the west wall. I'm looking for Location of t

Default Fest Pi Stab 17

Hello

Can anyone help me out with info on this unit. Fest PI stab 17 I'm on the understanding its a Fortification Engineer staff Unit. Working on the west wall. I'm looking for Location of this unit from around August 1942- Feb 1943, I believe in 1944 they were based in S Brittany. The Atlantic Wall - Google Books Also Does anyone Know who was inspector of the west wall around Sept 1942? Any help would be greatly appreciated as Ive come to a Dead end with my Research.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fest Pi Stab 17
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fest Pi Stab 17

Hi Justin, I expet you have already read this on "lexicon":

Aufgestellt am 10. Oktober 1937 in Homburg im Wehrkreis XII und dem Festungs-Pionier-Kommandeur V unterstellt. Am 16. November 1939 wurde der Festungs-Pionierstab 24 eingegliedert. Am 4. Dezember 1939 wurden die Abschnittsgruppen I - III aufgestellt, am 19. Februar 1940 folgte die Abschnittsgruppe IV. Am 17. Dezember 1940 wurden zusätzlich die Überwachungsgruppen 1 - 6 und M (Maginot) aufgestellt. Am 20. Dezember 1940 wurde die Abschnittsgruppe I an den Festungs-Pionierstab 10 abgegeben. Im Februar 1942 kam der Stab an die Atlantikküste in Frankreich, z.T. auf die Kanalinseln.. Am 5. Februar 1942 wurden die Abschnittsgruppen III und IV vereinigt und am 22. Februar 1942 zur I. umbenannt. Am 13. September 1942 wurde die Abschnittsgruppe III neu gebildet. Im Juli 1944 wurden die Kompanien des Festungs-Pionier-Bataillons 17 dem Stab direkt unterstellt. Der Stab kam im Oktober 1944 in die Saarpfalz und wurden dem Festungs-Pionier-Kommandeur IV unterstellt

And a Google translation:

Situated on 10 October 1937 in Homburg in Military District XII and the frontier fortress commander subordinate to V. On 16 November 1939 was the fortress Pionierstab 24 incorporated. On 4 December 1939, the section has been placed in groups I - III, 19 February 1940 was followed by the Group section IV on 17 December 1940 were set additionally the Ãœberwachungsgruppen 1 to 6 and M (Maginot). On 20 December 1940, the Group section, I was given to the fortress Pionierstab 10th In February 1942, the staff came to the Atlantikkà ¼ ste in France, partly to the Channel Islands .. On 5 February 1942 were combined, the section groups III and IV and 22 February 1942 was renamed the I.. On 13 September 1942 was the newly formed group of Section III. In July 1944 the companies of fortress Engineer Battalion 17, in staff were directly responsible. The staff came in October 1944 in the Saar-Palatinate and became the pioneer commander of Fortress IV assumed

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Fest Pi Stab 17

Just goes to show, Two heads are better than one. I did see this But over looked the Mention of the location. Looks like they were in the region of the Channel Islands/France. Around the time I'm looking for.

Have a Little Group To a Major From Stab 17, Interestingly he was Awarded War merit Cross with Swords on 1st Sept 1942.....I was looking to see if i Could find a Link to the Dieppe Raids.

Thanks for your Help Ade