Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Footage of Wehrmacht and SS marching

Article about: I cant imagine how difficult it must be to 'goose step' and to sustain it for long distances! ! What is even more mind blowing is how the musicians play and step ! Here is some superb footag

Default Footage of Wehrmacht and SS marching

I cant imagine how difficult it must be to 'goose step' and to sustain it for long distances! !

What is even more mind blowing is how the musicians play and step !

Here is some superb footage for your enjoyment

╬ German Wehrmacht ╬ BEST HELLMARCH ! - YouTube

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Footage of Wehrmacht and SS marching
    P
    Many

hot feet coming up.lol

The great example of the famous goose step in the world.
    In that video i saw 2 kind of marching. The one which marching with the rifle on the hand and the other with the rifle is slung on the shoulder (0:41 & 2:03). So what's the difference in there? I mean is the goose stepping with the rifle on the hand is for the official state occasion only?

A good question, maybe someone out there knows the answer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hmmm I'n not aloud to view this video in my country. So much for the gouverment censor on you-tube, as they decide for me what is and what isn't good for me. North Korea? No North of France....

Question

Yes i hope too. I'm still curious as well regarding that.
    And if its only for the official state occasion only, why the fallschirmjager used the rifle slung goose step marching during 50th anniversary of hitler's birthday? While others using the rifle on hand goose step one. Very interesting one.

And a bit offtopic, this prussian goose step march with line formation is still intriguing me. Why the wehrmacht didnt use this kind of marching anymore Das deutsche Reichsheer im Großen Krieg - YouTube ? Was it too kingdomish since its have the old line formation?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Hmmm I'n not aloud to view this video in my country. So much for the gouverment censor on you-tube, as they decide for me what is and what isn't good for me. North Korea? No North of France....
    Thats so sad to hear it.
    Sacrificing the ones who want to search the history of it.

Very interesting footage of the Prussian march.

Is this where the goose step originated do you think ?

Nick

I think it is. Basically wehrmacht was inheriting a lot from kaiserlicharmee including marching order right? Or the wehrmacht style marching was from the reichswehr instead?
    Ah, we do need the goose step historian to explain all of these.
    And talking about wehrmacht with goose

Aah the old dessauer, the most discipline man in the stern discipline era. That make sense, one wrong step and its a nightmare for the poor soldier.
    Thank you for the link btw.
    But still, im still curious with that wehrmacht's 2 type of goose step i mentioned above. Could it be the one with rifle slung on the shoulder was for the field uniform?