Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Frau-Gemeinschafts-Bereitschaftslager definition?

Article about: Anyone help with an accurate English definition of: Frau-Gemeinschafts-Bereitschaftslager A civilian work camp for women but what type ??? Grateful thanks in advance

Default Frau-Gemeinschafts-Bereitschaftslager definition?

Anyone help with an accurate English definition of:

Frau-Gemeinschafts-Bereitschaftslager

A civilian work camp for women but what type ???

Grateful thanks in advance
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frau-Gemeinschafts-Bereitschaftslager definition?
    P
    Many

?

This type of Lager was a camp used to prepare the last remaining workers for total war. Women of all ages were obliged to attend these camps - designated "community and willingness camps".

Thank you Carl...but what on earth does a "willingness" camp mean? Is it the same meaning as "volunteer"? And is this camp different from "gemieschaftslager" also a "community" camp? The German camp system seems extraordinarily compartmentalised, almost to the nth degree, with all of these subtlety different classifications...well, at least to the non-expert.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Thank you Carl...but what on earth does a "willingness" camp mean? Is it the same meaning as "volunteer"? And is this camp different from "gemieschaftslager" also a "community" camp? The German camp system seems extraordinarily compartmentalised, almost to the nth degree, with all of these subtlety different classifications...well, at least to the non-expert.
    The German love for organisation

At times, the system seems almost over complicated with all the very specific designations. This type of camp is not my specific area of interest but I did find a brief note after reading your post. Whether or not there was much of a difference between these camps and the Gemeinschaftslagers I am not sure, and regarding the "willingness" moniker, I can only assume that yes, it would have been similar to using "volunteer". Hope that this helps in some way.

Actually, Bereitschaft can mean "willingness", but not in this context.

The term is frequently used in German, but does not translate well into English. The meaning of Bereitschaft when applied to matters of organization/administration/employment/tactics is more like "readiness" in the sense of "prepared and on call".

(For example, the early armed SS formations were the Politische Bereitschaften. On a less sinister note, present-day German Red Cross units are also designated as Bereitschaften; a doctor or technician on call is on Bereitschaftsdienst etc. etc.)

By the way, the term in question would have to start with the plural Frauen- (vs. the singular Frau).

Many thanks for the added explanation it is very much appreciated