Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gas mask cannister name research

Article about: Hello everyone. Can somebody help me decode the name on this cannister? What do you think is it a surname, name then surname or surname then name? Or is it just something else? Im really cou

Default Gas mask cannister name research

Hello everyone. Can somebody help me decode the name on this cannister?
    What do you think is it a surname, name then surname or surname then name?
    Or is it just something else? Im really courious.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas mask cannister name research
    P
    Many

Haverkamp is definitely a surname.

Looks like Haverkamp to me as well.

I thought that as well, but because the big K i thought those are 2 seperate words. Can someone check that surname?

I agree on the surname: there will be hundreds of possible candidates for the actual owner, so you will not get much further with any research without more info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    I thought that as well, but because the big K i thought those are 2 seperate words. Can someone check that surname?
    It is not one of the most common names, but with nothing but that surname to go on, I am afraid this won't be possible.

Just for illustration: Currently, there are 852 German phone book entries for Haverkamps, equalling an estimated total of well over 2,000 people bearing that name.

(Source: Verteilung des Namens "Haverkamp" in Deutschland - verwandt.de )

Could it be possible to check the grave list of german soliders? Im pretty sure it was found here in ex yugoslavia.

Could it be possible to check the grave list of german soliders? Im pretty sure it was found here in ex yugoslavia.
    Yes, the database of the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge [German War Graves Commission] can be searched online: Gräbersuche Online (you have to register).

If the search turns up one (or several) soldier(s) named Haverkamp KIA in former Yugoslavia, he (or one of them) may well be the former owner.

Still, you couldn't be 100% sure without additional data on the gas mask container's former owner. After all, we don't even know whether he was actually KIA.

Can you help? I cant understand how the page works. I fill the data(my name, surname...) it still wont go there.

Can you help? I cant understand how the page works. I fill the data(my name, surname...) it still wont go there.
    If you follow the above link, you start out at the search window, where you enter the name (and, if applicable) other data of the person you are researching. Then press the "Suche beginnen" [= "start search"] button.

The site takes you to a new page where you have to enter your personal information and confirm your agreement with the data storage/processing terms and conditions. (To do this, check the box marked "Ich erkläre mich mit den Bestimmungen zur Datenverarbeitung des Volksbundes Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V. einverstanden".) Then press "Suche beginnen" again.

You are then presented with the search results. Click the listed name(s) to go to a page with detailed information for the respective person.

I have tried out the name "Haverkamp" and came up with 118 exact matches. You will have to go through them one by one to find out where they are buried.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast