Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German officer in Finland

Article about: Hi there gents, I was shown this rather poor quality pic by a friend working in a museum here in Finland (he is cataloging the pics for the Espoo City Museum). He asked me what I could say a

Jan
    ?

Default German officer in Finland

Hi there gents,

I was shown this rather poor quality pic by a friend working in a museum here in Finland (he is cataloging the pics for the Espoo City Museum). He asked me what I could say about the German officer in the picture and I told him that apart from the old man being a Heer officer not much more. Please can anyone of you help here.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German officer in Finland  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German officer in Finland
    P
    Many

It's extremely hard to tell much from this rather blurry photograph.

Heer is, of course, correct. It looks to me as if he is wearing collar patches with piping on three sides, which would mean that he is actually a Beamter [official] of officer rank rather than an actual officer, but there's no way to be sure.

The badge on his left breast pocket is the SA-Wehrabzeichen. Above his pocket is a one-place ribbon bar, but it can't be identified from this photograph.

That's it, really...

Jan
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's extremely hard to tell much from this rather blurry photograph.

Heer is, of course, correct. It looks to me as if he is wearing collar patches with piping on three sides, which would mean that he is actually a Beamter [official] of officer rank rather than an actual officer, but there's no way to be sure.

The badge on his left breast pocket is the SA-Wehrabzeichen. Above his pocket is a one-place ribbon bar, but it can't be identified from this photograph.

That's it, really...
    Thank You so much, I think this is plenty for the Museum.

Best, Jan