Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

German Unit Emblems Question !

Article about: I have a question! It has been bothering me for some time now and I've paged through enough reference materials to make my eyes blurry(not a hard thing to do these days...). We have all seen

?

it looks like that ??

Name:  keyhole.png
Views: 170
Size:  2.7 KB

Quote by big ned View Post
    This one's a little frustrating as the image is too blurred to read the symbol's meaning, but IF it's the right one perhaps others can dig deeper?
    I can't quite make that out either but being a Tac mark I think it would be a low level sub-unit indicator that identifies the function of the sub-unit rather than demominate the main unit and as such it would be an almost generic mark used in many units / formations. So, we could be looking a while unless somebody knows for sure what is being described here.

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I can't quite make that out either but being a Tac mark I think it would be a low level sub-unit indicator that identifies the function of the sub-unit rather than demominate the main unit and as such it would be an almost generic mark used in many units / formations. So, we could be looking a while unless somebody knows for sure what is being described here.

Mark
    My thoughts precisely.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Kinda difficult to describe, but it pretty much looks like this-except that it's color is either yellowish golden or white-depending on what vehicle or weapon it's been stenciled on.

Name:  40271418-the-keyhole-icon-lock-symbol-flat-vector-illustration.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  2.4 KB
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks like the temporary divisional signal. Of the 255 infantry division during the Kursk offensive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	543_Kursk_Divisional_Markings.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	881260

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12