Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Unit Emblems Question !

Article about: I have a question! It has been bothering me for some time now and I've paged through enough reference materials to make my eyes blurry(not a hard thing to do these days...). We have all seen

Default German Unit Emblems Question !

I have a question! It has been bothering me for some time now and I've paged through enough reference materials to make my eyes blurry(not a hard thing to do these days...).
    We have all seen photos of German vehicles and mobile weapons, etc with emblems stenciled onto them but for the life of me, I can Not recall what unit used the Key Hole? Does Anyone have an idea who did?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Unit Emblems Question !
    P
    Many

No one has any info? With all the researchers in this group??
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Can't think of a keyhole symbol off the top of my head but LAH used a diagonal skteleton key and 12th HJ used the same on a single sigue rune, sorry if that's too much like stating the obvious. Thinking laterally maybe the odal rune used by 7th SS Mountain Div Prinz Eugen could look a bit like a keyhole.

Any other suggestions, I'm sure the answer is obvious?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    William,
    I have a book at home that shows many of the divisional markings. I'll take a look when I get home.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A long shot but....,123rd Infantry Division???

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

What's frustrating, is I know that I've Seen photos of this symbol-usually in a yellowy color or sometimes white stenciled on vehicles before. Does it refer to a Division, a Regiment, Battalion? Or is it something totally different altogether and refers to a unit's Function, perhaps? For the life of me, I can Not find a single photo showing it at the moment! (Isn't that always the way it is? lol)
    William

282nd Inf Div?

Very close, Rene! The one I'm thinking of has a smaller but fuller round top instead of the flat underside to it. But, I'm wondering if, perhaps, the smaller units might have had slightly different emblems from the Divisional.
    William

Closest I could find, I only have reference for the Russian front!

This one's a little frustrating as the image is too blurred to read the symbol's meaning, but IF it's the right one perhaps others can dig deeper?

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast