Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Wedding Ring Trophy U.S. Soilder - Research Possible?..

Article about: Well...I bought a gold wedding ring with inscription and date from a well trusted U.S. militaria dealer . This ring I am told was taken off a german soilder by a U.S. soilder . obviously I r

Default German Wedding Ring Trophy U.S. Soilder - Research Possible?..

Well...I bought a gold wedding ring with inscription and date from a well trusted U.S. militaria dealer . This ring I am told was taken off a german soilder by a U.S. soilder . obviously I realize can't prove this but...was curious, is there any way to research 1930's german marriage records?

I have the initials and exact date inside the wedding band but that is all. But i figure...how many people with these exact initials go married on this exact same day ?...thus why I am attempting..

Any information where to maybe to start looking would be great. I can give information exact, of the ring if that'll help.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Wedding Ring Trophy U.S. Soilder - Research Possible?..
    P
    Many

Quote by historyrecovered View Post
    Is there any way to research 1930's german marriage records?

I have the initials and exact date inside the wedding band but that is all. But i figure...how many people with these exact initials go married on this exact same day ?...thus why I am attempting..

Any information where to maybe to start looking would be great. I can give information exact, of the ring if that'll help.
    Sorry, but no way.

There is no such thing as a centralized national register of all marriages. To research possible matches for the initials and dates, one would have to check the archival records of every single city, town and rural community located within Germany territory at the time of the wedding. (And that is assuming that the former owner was indeed married in Germany.)

This would obviously be impossible even if all of the registrars' offices readily granted access to their records and none of these records had been lost in the decades since.

How terrible...to have someone take your Wedding ring away from you....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    How terrible...to have someone take your Wedding ring away from you....
    That, too. In ny book, this has nothing to do with taking a "trophy", but is simply robbery.

This is also against the Geneva Convention to take such things from captured soldiers.

Perhaps it was traded for cigarettes or food.

there were many soldiers who did not care about the Geneva convention,and that goe's for ALL sides.crooks in unifoms.

Still goes on these days i am sorry to say

?

Wouldn't take a wedding ring, but gold teeth, now that is another story.