Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Gestapo-Müller NSDAP number

Article about: Most sources give Müller's NSDAP number as 4 583 199. They say he got this number after becoming a Party member on 30 May 1939. But in the 1934 (!) SS-DAL he already has the NSDAP number, wh

?

Default Gestapo-Müller NSDAP number

Most sources give Müller's NSDAP number as 4 583 199. They say he got this number after becoming a Party member on 30 May 1939. But in the 1934 (!) SS-DAL he already has the NSDAP number, which is 1 975 805. Can anybody explain this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gestapo-Müller NSDAP number  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gestapo-Müller NSDAP number
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gestapo-Müller NSDAP number

I would trust this period document.

Things get repeated time and time again, especially online, with no checking of primary sources.

It would be worthwhile to check later editions of the SS Dienstalterliste.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It would be worthwhile to check later editions of the SS Dienstalterliste. Cheers, Ade.
    Please do, if you have them, for I only have copies of SS-DAL of 1934, 1942 and 1943. The last two are merely "SS-Stubaf bis SS-Ostubaf". And Mueller was already a General at that time.

There were probably douzons of Heinrich Müllers in the NSDAP and quite a few in the SS. Are you sure it's the same, e.g. SS# is identical ?

Here is some Bio information from the Axis History forum On Heinrich Muller.

Born April 28. 1900 in Munich.
    Served in the German Air Service during WWI.
    Joined the Bavarian State Polizei which he basically made a career.
    Influenced by Heydrich and others to join the SS.
    SS Number: 107043.
    Served in the SD-Hauptamt.
    Joined the NSDAP in 1939.
    NSDAP Number: 4583199.
    Appointed Chef Amt IV (Gestapo) / RSHA.
    According to some sources he received protection from the Allies
    after the war and went into hiding.

Awards:

Knight's Cross of the War Merit Cross with Swords
    1939 Clasp to the 1914 Iron Cross 1st Class
    1939 Clasp to the 1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class
    War Merit Cross 1st Class with Swords
    War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords
    1914 Iron Cross 1st Class
    1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class
    1914-1918 Cross of Honor with Swords
    Ehrendegen des RFSS
    Totenkopfring der SS

SS-Gruppenfuhrer u. Generalleutnant der Polizei: Nov. 9. 1941
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There were many many "Heinrich Müller"s in Germany-it is a very common name-translating literally into "Henry Miller". At least 2 Generals in the SS were of the same name. This is one reason that tracking down what ever happened to Heinrich at war's end was/is so difficult. I imagine that the other Heinrich Müller with the earlier Party number was simply another person with the same name, is all.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I imagine that the other Heinrich Müller with the earlier Party number was simply another person with the same name, is all.
    Yes, the name is quite common in Germany even today, but... Two different men named Heinrich Müller could not hold the same number in the SS - 107043. Or could they? Was there one more Heinrich Müller in the SD RFSS in 1934? Which source is wrong? I am sure that the man mentioned in the 1934 SS-DAL is the very Heinrich Müller we all know. I have already asked about the mistery of his NSDAP number at the Axis History forum - also to no result. Regrettably I have no access to any primary sources. Axis History Forum • Heinrich Müller

?

You can try the National Archives..Washington DC. They have a lot of the TR documents online.

International Resources for Holocaust-Era Assets Research

It will also give add'l links to other sites and add'l pages in the National Archives. I actually found a copy of Hitlers FBI file...Very Interesting read.

Hers is a link to Muellers CIA File...RG 263 Detailed Report, Heinrich Mueller