Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Göring at Yad Vashem ?

Article about: From a french article... Although active opponent of the Nazi regime, the younger brother of the number two of the Reich died outcast Can we imagine that the name of Göring among the Righteo

Default Göring at Yad Vashem ?

From a french article...

Although active opponent of the Nazi regime, the younger brother of the number two of the Reich died outcast

Can we imagine that the name of Göring among the Righteous Among the Nations, the building devoted to them at the memorial Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, where are recorded the names of Jewish victims of the Holocaust?

The proposal under consideration today, obviously not concerned Hermann (1893-1946), the number two Reichsmarschall of the Nazi regime and architect of the "final solution". But his younger brother, Albert (1895-1966).

Nothing more opposed these two. In physics: the eldest is this heavy braggart, addicted to morphine in the 1920s, when the younger, thin mustache and hair combed back, Cigarette and impeccable layout, everything dandy music lover, an archetype very "Weimar" that Nazi ideology abhors.

Two men so different they would not be the same nest, according to Leonard Mosley, English biographer of Hermann Göring, who was the son of Albert Knight Hermann von Epenstein, so that housed his parents, Ernst and Franziska Göring. An assumption that the frequent absences of a diplomat, commissioned in Africa and Haiti, make credible.
    Could this be the key to greater dissimilarity of the two brothers still morally? Once collusion in the early 1920s, Hitler, still dark, and his older brother, Albert Hermann scoffs, "teamed up with this bastard Hitler." Ten years later, while his brother reached the highest offices, chooses exile in Vienna and adopts bravado Austrian nationality. But the Anschluss destroyed the illusory refuge, and the brown plague catches up with dissident who claims: "I spit on Hitler, I spit my brother and all the Nazi regime. »

Sabotage

Despite their estrangement, however Hermann watch over "the little black sheep". The Jewish businessman Oskar Pilzer, which employs Albert, is there arrested by the Gestapo? At the request of his younger brother, the Reichsmarschall is free and allows his departure to the West. The SS-they want to force the Jews to clean the toothbrush the streets of Vienna? Albert joins them. To avoid the scandal of a debased Göring, the penalty is waived.

Director of exports to the Skoda plant in the former Czechoslovakia, the incorrigible rebel sabotage promotes juvenile contacts the local resistance movements and landed with eight trucks Theresienstadt concentration camp to requisition for his business of Jews deported ... it releases. Imitating the signature of his brother or initialing their common name, it is expanding to other prisoners in Dachau. We understand that the war ended, the Allies had however difficult to accept the policy of this astonishing Göring then.

A persistent suspicion

Presented in competition at the 25th International Festival of Pessac history film in November, the documentary Veronique Lhorme chooses to treat the folder from interrogations by the Americans in 1945, as soon as Albert goes, while s 'instructed the trial of Nazi war criminals in Nuremberg.

In the form of sketches, the film still retains stubborn suspicion investigators face this unusual client. Finally exonerated and released twice praguoises of prisons in 1947, Göring returned to Germany in Munich, assumed his surname, but was, until his death, miserable, considered a pariah. Despite the evidence collected, heroism does not pay.

Thanks

Göring at Yad Vashem ?

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Göring at Yad Vashem ?
    P
    Many

Very interesting article, thank you for posting!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hello again,
    Thanks Stefan
    As this article was translated with the Google translator, i'm not sure if it's understandable enough. So here the link to another article in English about this same matter, from the Jewish Week in New-York...for those interested, please read some of the comments after the article....edifying...

Will Yad Vashem Honor A Goering? | The Jewish Week

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

"Göring returned to Germany but found himself shunned because of his family name."

Ironic really given that so many former Nazis landed up in the post-war German government, its institutions, its judiciary and in business leadership positions.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.