Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Handwritten 500+ Page NSKK Tagebuch (diary)

Article about: Hi all. I thought I would share my most recent purchase in the documents category of my collection. This is the first of its kind for me, so I'd love to hear everyone's feedback, especially

?

Default Handwritten 500+ Page NSKK Tagebuch (diary)

Hi all.

I thought I would share my most recent purchase in the documents category of my collection. This is the first of its kind for me, so I'd love to hear everyone's feedback, especially if you're able to translate any of the pages in the photos, or provide other insight into the content or the German soldier (Sturmführer August JORDAN) who this 500+ page handwritten book belonged to.

In the following photos you'll see the inside cover page and first couple of pages thereafter. The page on the right in the second image appears to have a quote from Hitler. I notice that throughout the book August underlined portions of the pages in red, and even wrote portions of the content in red, as if (I assume) to add emphasis...

The next 3 photos show what appears to be the entries in his book regarding the fall of France to the Germans ("Paris ist gefallen!"). Note the red Swastika that he applied to these sections to provide emphasis or perhaps, and the red text in the 3rd image below...

I'm interested to hear thoughts related to this page, which is at the end of the book. It is a numbered list of some kind. Perhaps notations that related back to pages within the book? Unfortunately my ability to translate handwritten German is very limited since it is very hard to read...

The next two photos show a group of three photographs that were tucked into a pouch in the back cover of the tagebuch. I'm only assuming this is August JORDAN, but he is not wearing an NSKK uniform. He's wearing a Heer uniform. Any thoughts on this? I included shots of the back sides of the photos as well in case someone is able to translate the handwritten notes and provide some clarity...

These last two photos are of a sheet of thin paper that was folded and tucked into the tagebuch's back cover pocket. It looks like a list of personnel and their post numbers, with the closing being from August JORDAN (signed with his rank of Sturmführer)...

Again, I'm open to any and all feedback and thoughts related to the book. To me this is an exciting piece, and the first of its kind that I've seen.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Handwritten 500+ Page NSKK Tagebuch (diary)
    P
    Many

?

Very nice book and a great piece of history. The last pages with all the numbers are names of NSKK men of that certain NSKK unit who participated in the campaign in 1939-194 (no number after the 4).

Regards, Rik

?

Thanks for the reply Rik. What are your thoughts about the photos of the Heer soldier? Did NSKK men wear Heer uniforms? I'm not all too familiar with the NSKK.

?

Well, I am also not familiar with the NSKK. I just know they had their own type of uniform. Maybe he, or who it might be on the photos, enlisted in the Heer?

I think someone else will help you with an answer.

There are 20 people listed in the Volksbund database as having being killed in WW-2 so without a date of birth it might not be possible to narrow it down.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    There are 20 people listed in the Volksbund database as having being killed in WW-2 so without a date of birth it might not be possible to narrow it down.
    I'm a bit confused, sorry. Are you assuming that August JORDAN was KIA? Is there something in the photos I posted that leads you to believe that he was?

The dedications on the photographs tell us that the soldier is Egmont Denner, who dedicated them to his former Sturm comrades in the NSKK.

Note that he is also listed in the 30 June 1940 letter (the sixth name) and in the diary (# 2) as one of the men of Motorsturm 32/M 94 who had been called up for military service.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The dedications on the photographs tell us that the soldier is Egmont Denner, who dedicated them to his former Sturm comrades in the NSKK.
    Thanks so much for the info! That solves one mystery. In fact, that led me to revisit another photo in the book of a German guard at his post (photo below). This is another photo of Egmont Denner!

I'm also including another page (just a couple of pages before the one above showing Denner at his guard post). I'm curious if they are in any way related...

Quote by dzyner View Post
    I'm a bit confused, sorry. Are you assuming that August JORDAN was KIA? Is there something in the photos I posted that leads you to believe that he was?
    No, just a shot in the dark.