Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Himmler's capture

Article about: well i think some people on this site may have useful information so here goes. I'm writing about the capture of H. Himmler on May 21st 1945. Of every book I've read about Himmler not a sing

?

well I was trying to find new facts, but maybe this isn;t the way forward. I half hoped some people on here may have info. Something I've missed or over looked.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler's capture
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This begs three questions:

a) What are the books that you have read on the subject?
    b) How do you know that they all are wrong?
    c) Why do you require our information if you already know the right facts (for if that were not the case, you could not know that the books are wrong).

Also, a "please" might not be such a bad idea.
    Andreas states the obvious that some of us around here apply professional standards to this kind of inquiry.

Have you any files from the British Army from those eye witnesses and other relevant primary sources pertinent to this question?

?

Yes I have battery diary, regimental diary, 30 corps letters, arrest report, eye witness accounts, personal letters.
    If it's not professional how come all the other writers got it so wrong, At least 3 claimed it was the 73rd assault regiment, which doesn't even exist

also, Himmler had his German persons around him. Where are the first hand and archival sources from these persons? In German and from the relevant German archives...???

The Longerich book is a very sound one, but some of the others on aspects of the SS don't hold much water in terms of historical accuracy or reliance on real sources, i.e.
    sources that withstand professional scrutiny...

There are some on this site who are professional scholars and who do write books for a living.

Quote by dubman View Post
    Yes I have battery diary, regimental diary, 30 corps letters, arrest report, eye witness accounts, personal letters.
    If it's not professional how come all the other writers got it so wrong, At least 3 claimed it was the 73rd assault regiment, which doesn't even exist
    What nice news. You might show us some of these things in order to coax out more, actually.

That's how we operate here. We share all our sources with each other. It is very 21st century.

http://www.uni-graz.at/johannes.feichtinger/QK.pdf

I really don't understand what you are getting at, i've seen the newsreel where the British squaddie who witnessed the death described it, are you saying this guy was wrong or are you some kind of conspiracy theorist?...

?

Himmler's captureHimmler's capture

Is the arrest report incorrect then?

Also, all books have mistakes of fact. All of them. The issue is of what quality are said mistakes.

- - ------- - -

In German, this is called Quellenkunde, which is the scholarly examination of the sources.

It is an enterprise not akin to ripping bodices on the pages of tabloid newspapers.

http://www.uni-graz.at/johannes.feichtinger/QK.pdf

I could probably write a multi-page article covering what I've learned about Himmler's capture and demise...starting with Heinrich Hitzinger and the eye-patch, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

?

The most common fact is that he is "Dead" . What more can you offer than a mere whim of a "Book".. ?? The Members here have much better things to do than patronize your fantasy of "Real Deal" whimsical been there done that story... Please don't... If you have evidence please share.. They will be more than gracious I assure you... G
    Attached Images Attached Images Himmler's capture 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast