Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles Book.

Article about: Not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies if not. My first of two books Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles is now available to pre order from Pen & Sword Books Ltd. The r

Default Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles Book.

Not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies if not. My first of two books Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles is now available to pre order from Pen & Sword Books Ltd. The release date is 30th July 2017. This book is a must for anyone interested in the Jungmadel Bund or Bund Deutscher Madel in WW2 and not for the faint of heart-this book is a violent, brutal warts and all account of the lives of over 30 women who as young girls were indoctrinated into these two main female Hitler Youth organizations. Cheers Tim.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's Girls-Doves Amongst Eagles Book.
    P
    Many

I will be buying a copy! Sounds great
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sounds Interesting! My Grandmother was a BdM-Girl...I grew up listening to the Stories while sitting at the kitchen table and always had lots of questions...German Home-Front related material has always been a special interest of mine, and I wish you much success!
    cheers, Glenn

?

I'm looking forward to reading it. I hope it is objective and not to biased on women during the 3. Reich. I say that because about 90% of all books you find on Amazon from Blitzmädchen to SS-Helferinnen is incredibly biased and full of mistakes in order to demonize. Some books even using pictures of 1970s Exploitation movies.
    The book "Last Ride of the Valkyries" by Jimmy L. Pool for example was objective and a great read. I hope this one is just as objective!

I really think this book is different in a few ways. This book is a journey through the girls lives back in those days. A wartns n all account that unlike many books has not been sweetened to appease or offer more commercial viability. It has been described by the copy editor as powerful, harrowing, brutal, bitter sweet, joyous, sad. I will welcome comments from any who read it and hope it adds something to this often neglected field. The book can be pre ordered with special discount now from the Pen & Sword Books Ltd website.

Is it also dealing with the Reichsarbeitsdienst weibliche Jugend?
    One would say, when seeing the cover-girl in front, as she is not Jungmädel
    or Bund Deutscher Mädel! And why is a state-eagle shown on the cover
    when you speak about political organizations?

Much success with the book!

The girl on the front cover at the front is one known to me and contributed to the book!!! She most certainly did join the BDM during her youth under the Hitler regime. As for the eagle-well the cover artwork was the product of John Wilkinson who designs the graphics for Pen & Sword Books Ltd. Im not concerned at all whether its a state eagle or not, it illustrates the point. However its not the graphics or a cover that make a book its what is inside. Judge it by its contents and what it reveals.

It's an Eye-Catching Cover that will surely bring Attention to your Work!
    We're a tough audience, friend...You should see us critique War Movies, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Lol!! Yes Glenn feel like im going to be thrown to the lions here as you are a tough lot On the serious side a good five years went into the research side and i let the women tell me their stories as they wanted them told. All i asked of them was to tell me everything no matter how unpleasant as the aim was to produce a warts n all account. I find it incredibly difficult to judge my own work-sounds daft i know but guess i will soon know when the book is released on 30th July Cheers Tim.

I look forward to reading it; Your 5 years of devotion to this Interesting Subject will surely bear Fruit...If you're ever in search of more material concerning BdM Girls' experiences, I'd be happy to relay to you the experiences of my Oma...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast