Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitlers Vikings

Article about: I am about to do a study on the Scandinavian SS and have just bought these books. If anyone has any other recommended reading on the subject please let me know. many thanks Nick

Default Hitlers Vikings

I am about to do a study on the Scandinavian SS and have just bought these books. If anyone has any other recommended reading on the subject please let me know.

many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlers Vikings   Hitlers Vikings  

Hitlers Vikings   Hitlers Vikings  

Hitlers Vikings   Hitlers Vikings  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlers Vikings
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hitlers Vikings

Hi Nick Hitlers Vikings by Jon Trigg is a good all round book on the Scandanavian volunteers i had some input into the book myself

Jon has a good style and does some good research with veterans

Viking Panzers is a must for those interested in the Wiking Panzer Regiment including some of the Scandnavians in the Regiment such as Ola Olin, Ewald Klapdor was a Kompanie commender with the Regiment and it is full of the recollections of the Panzer Regiment vets of all ranks . Klapdor was heavily involved with the veterans association and had access to many personal memories and accounts.

The other book you have shown i haven't read.

Other good books are Frontfighters by Richard Landwehr about the Norwegian volunteers , also by Landwehr Nordic Warriors which covers the Danes , Twilight of the Gods about the Swedes in Nordland particulary the Schweden Zug in 3 / SS Pz Aufk Abt 11by Erik Wallin , SS Panzer Aufk Abt 11 Nordland , Armoured reconnaisance with the Waffen SS on the Eastern Front by Herbert Pollner , Martin Mansson and Lennart Westberg ( superb book )

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Nick,

I have some interesting stuff about Ola Olin in a file. If your interested p.m. me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Paul

Many thanks for that information, very useful I cant wait to read the books !! Great that you had input into Hitlers Vikings

@ Ned,I will pm you

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Nick what areas do you specifically want to research ? Due to my own research into the Narva Battles i have a lot of info on the Scandanavians of Nordland , Norge and Danmark and contact with some of the top researchers in Norway and Denmark,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul

I have never really studied the Scandinavian units before, therefore I am going to read these books and educate myself. If during the course of my reading I need further info or find a particular area of interest I will give you a shout, if thats ok with you !

Its great to know there is an expert in the subject here on the forum I can consult with

Many thanks

Nick

"Tragödie um die Treue" by Wilhelm Tieke.