MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Home movies from the Eastern Front

Article about: This is compilation of soldiers films from the Eastern Front, it's in German, but the scenes can be a help. It's narrated by the soldiers who were there, some are in the films too, explainin

Default Home movies from the Eastern Front

This is compilation of soldiers films from the Eastern Front, it's in German, but the scenes can be a help. It's narrated by the soldiers who were there, some are in the films too, explaining what was going on.

Mit der Kamera nach Stalingrad (Michael Kuball, 1941) - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Home movies from the Eastern Front
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Home movies from the Eastern Front

This is a compilation of films shot by Kriegsberichter who were attached to the 29th ( Mot ) Infanterie Divison during their advanc einto Russia in 1941 , the winter of 41/42 and the advance to Stalingrad during the summer of 1942.

There is some suberb footage and some very interesting stuff on the advance into Southern Stalingrad from the Kalmuk Steppe. As a reseacher of this Divison i have a copy of the film and others like it and a photo set of original photos shot by the same KB Unit . I have been lucky enough to have met or spoken with most of the veterans whose commentary accompanies the film , most are from Aufklarungs Abt 29 and Infanterie Regiment 15.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for posting this film. Find it informative. Love the panzers.

You're welcome, I've seen a couple movies like this, but this I liked this one better than the others. My German is a bit rusty, so I tend to focus on the voices more than the film most of the time, I have to rewatch it a few more times lol That's great Paul one KM vet here in the States, and my girlfrinds grandfather was a mechanic in the Luftwaffe. He always talked to me about the beautiful women, the cognac and cigars hehe

Excellent footage! Thanks Pete

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

A good friend of mine was also a Luftwaffe mechanic with 9 Staffel JG 3 Udet , he was with the Platzschutzstaffel at Pitomnik at Stalingrad , funnly enough he never mentioned women , cognac or cigars in his time there !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings