Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Information on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich

Article about: Hello Everyone! This is my first post so please be gentle I am looking for information and photos for a Non Fiction Biography I am writing about SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich. I am

Default Information on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post so please be gentle

I am looking for information and photos for a Non Fiction Biography I am writing about SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich. I am not particularly looking for any set period of Heydrich's life but it on a whole. I realise this is a huge task and quite possibly a impossible one, but if you're going to write a book you may as well do it properly right?

I am already in contact with major Holocaust Musuems such as USHMM, German Bundesarchiv, Ifz Munich, Yad Vashem etc etc a few authors of previous Heydrich written biographies, but I wondered seeing this is such a large community any one else had things that perhaps I wouldn't have been able to find. I am plannng on visiting Prague in 2016 and also if anyone would be kind to inform me on how to get to Heydrich's country home Panenské Břežany and also any particular Assassination sites apart from the attempt site, the cathedral and the BATA shoe store. Are there any others? I believe the Czechs named three streets after the assassins but how do you locate them where are they?

At this point in time, I have collected many photos from the internet but tracking down the respectable photographers to them have been difficult and I am hesistant to use them. Does anyone on this forum have any? Also I am working though over 700 microfilm images of Heydrich's personal files and letters written by Lina Heydrich ranging from late 1942 to 1945. The handwriting has been most difficult to decipher. I still have a long long long way to go if I am going to make any head and tail out of this and portray Heydrich as a human being and not the crazy lunatic mass murderer people seem to attach him with.

Just as a side note I have started a blog that outlines my journey to actually seeing this though. It covers various things I read and uncover as well as to educate people that this should never happen again and that the actions of these people was not right. If you would like to check it out here it is: The Life of Heydrich

I thank you for your time in reading my post and in due time I hope to hear from you all soon.
    Many Kind Regards
    MissNovotny42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich
    P
    Many

?

Firstly, welcome to the forum and good luck with your project.

I have lived in and around Prague for years and know the locations you are hoping to visit. When you are ready for your trip, feel free to contact me and we can make arrangements for a tour of the related sites, a few of which are addressed in the threads kindly added by forum member Lebus12 above.

Regards,

Carl

Many thanks for these! I have the DDW full news bulletin of Heydrich's funeral, very impressive. Will check these pics out too! That SS flag is massive!

Heydrich's grave I know where it is. A friend visits every year to tidy it up and leave fresh flowers ( long long story don't ask) but I haven't been myself. I'm currently planning also a trip to Berlin when I visit Prague so I can visit Halle as well.

Heydrich's house is impressive! I've seen a few pictures that were posted on another war forum and it's sad it looks derelict, but none the less I will check out this thread as well!

Thanks for your help!

Oh wow mate you are a star! I will most definitely contact you. My Czech is bad so I'll have to get learnings! I would like to do this properly and all so will visit a lot of places regarding to Heydrich including Hradčany castle which I believe is Prague Castle. He also had a apartment that he didn't use in Czernin palace I believe. Are you able to visit there as well as?

Thanks for the luck it's hasn't been easy emailing holocaust sites saying that I'm researching Heydrich, I'm going to need all the luck I can get!

Cheers
    MissNovotny

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Firstly, welcome to the forum and good luck with your project.

I have lived in and around Prague for years and know the locations you are hoping to visit. When you are ready for your trip, feel free to contact me and we can make arrangements for a tour of the related sites, a few of which are addressed in the threads kindly added by forum member Lebus12 above.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by MissNovotny42 View Post
    Heydrich's grave I know where it is. A friend visits every year to tidy it up and leave fresh flowers ( long long story don't ask)
    Long story or not...I feel I have to...please elaborate as I am patently intrigued as to why anybody would want to leave floral tribute to such a monster.

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Long story or not...I feel I have to...please elaborate as I am patently intrigued as to why anybody would want to leave floral tribute to such a monster.
    "--portray Heydrich as a human being and not the crazy lunatic mass murderer people seem to attach him with." MissNovotny42

I'd imagine their thought process regarding said monster is quite different than yours and mine when taking the statement above and the floral tribute into consideration. I'm sorry but crazy, lunatic and mass murder are actually how he should be portrayed and anything else would be doing a injustice to history and the many that suffered as a direct result of his actions and orders. Ever heard of the Wannsee Conference?
    I would also think the USHMM and Yad Vashem center would second guess their assistance if they knew exactly how you planned to portray him in your work. If I may ask, who is it that you're working with at the USHMM?
    Information on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard HeydrichInformation on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich

Letter from Göring to your golden boy authorizing him to proceed with the final solution of the "Jewish question". Here is period evidence for you history got it right.
    Information on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard HeydrichInformation on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich

More evidence: a letter composed by Heydrich himself.
    Information on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich

?

I can hear the crickets chirping from here!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast