Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

JPhilippe BOOK

Article about: J.Philippe Did not know this was a book you authored !! I bought this maybe 3 years ago. I love it !! I recommend for anyone even if you are not that much into tunics David

Default JPhilippe BOOK

J.Philippe

Did not know this was a book you authored !! I bought this maybe 3 years ago. I love it !!

I recommend for anyone even if you are not that much into tunics

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JPhilippe BOOK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JPhilippe BOOK
    P
    Many

Yes, indeed a great and very interesting book! I like to read it again and again and to make researches there.
    With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

MAP
    ?

I have a copy right next to my PC. Great book. I struggle with all the variations...lol

I also have a copy of his German Combat Equipment book. A nice book as well!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I have a copy right next to my PC. Great book. I struggle with all the variations...lol

I also have a copy of his German Combat Equipment book. A nice book as well!
    Agreed, with all the above sentiments, also have the German Combat Equipment book, both excellent references and J.Philippe was also very kind in signing mine as well!
    "Per Ardua"

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks David, Alter Musketier, MAP and Paul...
    David : i guess you've seen my ad about the last remaining copy of the book...Yes i co-authored Feldbluse with Laurent my friend at the time...
    We were young and full of positive energy, believing that we had a message to deliver to Wehrmacht Heer collectors.
    Unfortunatly Laurent passed away a year after the book was released and things are not the same since then...

One day i was working in a second hand/military surplus shop (i mean i was waiting for customers) when i saw someone coming in and having a look to the garments for sale...once he walked by my counter, he stared at me saying nothing....May i help you sir ? i asked him....

Yes you can...What are you drawing ?

At this point i didn't know what to answer : There were three possible answers

1 : it's none of your business mate

2 : Why are you asking that sir ?

3 : I'm drawing all types of german Feldblusen from 1933 to 1945

After a few seconds i answered the third one, adding that i had a devouring passion for the Wehrmacht Heer.

He smiled and took my drawings in hands...

I also have a passion for the german army and i like your work....perhaps could we have a drink and talk about our common passion sometimes ?

To make a long story short, we had a drink and spent eight years working together to have this book published one day....

The drawings i was making this day are the ones in the book (exept the Feldbluse 44), i have never done another ones....they're not great but i wanted them to be there...

Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 09-09-2017 at 12:13 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello Gentlemen,
    Here's the cover of the French version....you've got the English version so perhaps you did not see it before...
    Thanks

JPhilippe BOOK

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

and the first project...
    Thanks

JPhilippe BOOK

In Memoriam :

Hello Gentlemen,
    Last thing i wanted to say about the book Feldbluse is that Laurent and myself delivered something 100% accurate to the publishing house. The few mistakes found in the book, like on Waffenfarben, are due to their poor work, especially the graphic designer who most probably didn't know much about the german army and mixed branches color...
    We couldn't do anything to get this right...
    They also done quite bad with my second book about the WWII german equipment, but that's another story...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

A fantastic, detailed book, glad I bought a copy of this !
    Regards
    Paul

Thank you Paul...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast