Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

just a idea

Article about: Ive looked at pics, watched vids and read books, but yet Iv'e yet to find anything that shares the thoughts, hopes, or anything about that in 1933-1945. What their opinion was about that tim

DELTA 9 1/2
    ?

Default just a idea

Ive looked at pics, watched vids and read books, but yet Iv'e yet to find anything that shares the thoughts, hopes, or anything about that in 1933-1945. What their opinion was about that time..

Don't get me wrong, but a pic is a glimpse in time, but it doesn't give you an idea on their thoughts on war, politics, or so on..

If anyone has such errrr proff please share it, I would like to know..

2. # ADS

Default Re: just a idea

It's great that you share those thoughts. You are right, pictures in books, stories and films, never tell the real story

From first hand experience, let me tell you, it is not all it's cracked up to be!

It is without any shadow of doubt, the worst feeling, AND the best feeling in the world. And you never forget

DELTA 9 1/2
    ?

if its like anything in my young life, i can understand the feeling...

what the devil are you people talking about?

My Folks lived through the Hunger Winter of 44-45 Amsterdam as kids and have only said to me as a bottom line "you just had to make do with what you have and enjoy your boiled potato peels". For their experience in short terms sums it up for me! They have allot of experiences. Mum told me of when a US bomber crashed and one of her mates was stoked to find a flight glove with a hand still in it!
    And of a time when in a Church in North Amsterdam it accidentally got bombed by a US bomber and around 40 odd parishioners killed and of her plight to escape the church, running into the stick of bombs then being dragged into the right direction by her sister!
    Just my two bits that I can share and maybe I got your question wrong here?

ahh so its stories you want : )
    well ive got quite a diverse heritage so there are a good mix of veterans in my family. my great grandfather was a palestinian recruited for the great arab revolt during WWI. he was at the aqaba raid and rode alongside t.e. lawrence. they gave him a nice chunk of land after the war as a reward. unfortunately i never got to meet the guy : /

a lot of my family fought during the 1948 arab-israeli war and the 1967 war also.

on the other side, ive got my great uncles, one who was on the Yorktown who signaled aircraft, and one who fought in new guinea. i also have a distant cousin who was the very lowest crouched guy in the front of the famous iwo jima flag photograph.

to top that all off, im also somehow related to francis gary powers! its crazy, but i confirmed all of it through archival research save my great grandfather, because they didnt keep good records back then in that region. noone in my family fought in europe or vietnam strangely.