Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Karl Pfaff U-234

Article about: As a Christmas gift, I received this photo autographed by Karl Pfaff, second in command of U-234. This U-boat was en route to Japan to deliver advanced German technology as well as uranium o

?

Default Karl Pfaff U-234

As a Christmas gift, I received this photo autographed by Karl Pfaff, second in command of U-234. This U-boat was en route to Japan to deliver advanced German technology as well as uranium oxide when the war ended. See the link for the story (STORIES ABOUT VANCE NAZI SUB U-234). Currently Mr. Pfaff resides in TN and is a patient of my brother who managed to get his autograph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Karl Pfaff  U-234  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl Pfaff  U-234
    P
    Many

Default Re: Karl Pfaff U-234

Drooling with envy!! Merry Christmas!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Nice Christmas gift! Great signature to have. And I believe Hein Fehler was the commander of U-234. And a former officer of the Atlantis.

Luke

Did Mr. Pfaff just pass away on December 21?

Luke

I believe you're correct, Luke. Looks like he passed in Memphis.

Dusty

?

Yes....he recently passed away....he was 88. A few months ago Mr. Pfaff and his daughter visited the clinic in Memphis where my brother works. My bro noticed a German accent and taking his age into account asked her if he was involved in the war. His daughter emphatically said "OH YES!" and preceeded to say a little about his involvement. Mr. Pfaff did not say much, as he was suffering from Alzheimer's, but said that the WW2 episode was such a small part of his entire life. Anyway my bro asked him to sign the photo just a few weeks prior to his death. The "small part" of his life is nontheless truly fascinating.

Cool item! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Joseph Chillino
    ?

Default Surrender of the U 234

I am a ww II US Navy veteran. Stationed at the Ordnance Investigation Laboratory, I was a Bomb Disposalman who was invoved, hands on, in the surrender of the U 234. My partner and I were responsible for rendering safe the five booby trapped cargo tanks removed from three submarines. The true story was corrupted and fictionalized for obvious reasons. I will forward my documentation to anyone interested.

?

Welcome Joseph ,

I'm sure many people here would be very interested,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

First of all, excellent photo and signature. Quite possibly the last time Herr Pfaff signed his name.
    Secondly, welcome Joseph and as Paul says, many people will be interested in your story so if you have the time, please share it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast