MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine......Admiral Graf Spee documentation

Article about: Hello, I purchased these 2 documents at an auction was winding if anybody could tell me why these were used and roughly what they're saying? I know roughly what I translated was, by my honor

Default Kriegsmarine......Admiral Graf Spee documentation

Hello,
    I purchased these 2 documents at an auction was winding if anybody could tell me why these were used and roughly what they're saying? I know roughly what I translated was, by my honor, I'll here by return, the date, time, the company, etc. Also the seal, kriegsmarine, Admiral Graf Spee. Kriegsmarine......Admiral Graf Spee documentationKriegsmarine......Admiral Graf Spee documentationAttachment 1030069Attachment 1030068Attachment 1030070

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine......Admiral Graf Spee documentation
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maybe a "leave pass" for the crew of the ship that was interned. I can't see the date clearly but it appears to be 1942 and the ship was scuttled in 1939.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Think I figured it out. After the boat was scuttled, the crew was taken to Isla Martin Garcia in Argentina and questioned for a couple years here. This is the paperwork I believe.

They are supposed to be pledges by the German sailors to return to their camp after a period of leave. There was a discussion on another forum some time ago (can't remember what forum though, might even of been this one) with regards to whether these paper slips are fakes.

Mecklenburger
    ?

The majority of the Graf Spee crew were got out of Montevideo on the day of the scuttling by a ruse and held in the Hotel de los Inmigrantes ( a big complex which is today the Ministry for Immigrations) near the naval arsenal. The escapes began early in 1940 from the Hotel: meanwhile men could volunteer to work in the provinces, particularly Córdoba and Mendoza. Assistance was given by the naval espionage unit to extract officers and skilled NCO's from Argentina and return them to further war service in the Reich. Eventually with Argentine (neutral) Government help over 200 officers and men got back to Germany. By 1942 the escapes were becoming a scandal, and a large number of prisoners were located on Martin Garcia island in the River Plate which is within close sight of Uruguay. The escapes continued, but nobody knew how they were effected and "no Argentine could be blamed". These escapes are never mentioned during the tourist visits to Martin Garcia island today. If a German prisoner gave his parole he would be expected by the Argentine and German authorities working hand in glove to respect his promise. However, he did not promise while ashore in Argentina not to work on arranging escapes from the island
    Argentina although "neutral" during the war until March 1945, when coerced to declare war on Germany "as an ally of Japan", was basically a pro-Fascist State by reason of its Italian connections and the sympaathies for Germany came about by this method