Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kurt Bolender's cuff title?

Article about: Can anyone identify the cuff title Kurt Bolender is wearing in this picture? He is the second person from the right. There is no record of him serving in the waffen-ss, so this is interestin

Default Kurt Bolender's cuff title?

Can anyone identify the cuff title Kurt Bolender is wearing in this picture? He is the second person from the right.

There is no record of him serving in the waffen-ss, so this is interesting to me.

https://goo.gl/images/cZS2TF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kurt Bolender's cuff title?
    P
    Many

He was an SS-Oberscharführer in SS-Division Totenkopf. He also was part of Aktion Reinhardt and Aktion T4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Bolender

CBH
    ?

Might it be the "SS-Totenkopfverbände" cuff title. The photo is pretty small, but it's a long title.

SS Wachverbände (guard troops) from 1936 to 1945 had this cufftitle Oberbayern, Brandenburg, Thüringen ,Ostmark
    I think the cufftitle could be Brandenburg but i am not an expert.....

BOLENDER, Heinz Kurt SS-Oberscharführer
    21/05/1912 - 10/10/1966 (??/12(1965 BDC)))

BACKGROUND:
    Born in Duisburg. "Burner" at Sonnenstein. Served at Brandenburg, Hartheim and Hadamar too. Member of NSDAP and SS.

SERVICE AT SOBIBOR:
    Arrived on 22 April 1942 at Sobibor together with Stangl, Frenzel, Gomerski and others. He testified: "I was during my service in Sobibor constantly in Camp III and was there among others also supervisor of the Jewish working command. It is correct that Jews were gassed there. I sorted the Arbeitshäftlinge (working prisoners) into groups. After the gassings took place, a group of them had to empty the gas chambers. Another group took the corpses to the mass graves."
    In July 1942 he was arrested for perjury during his divorce case. He was punished by an SS-court in Krakow on 19 December 1942 and sent to the SS-penal camp Matzkau near Gdansk. Shortly after the revolt in Sobibor he was called back to help dismantling the camp.
    After Sobibor he was ordered to DAW (Deutsche Ausrüstungswerke) in Lublin.
    For his services he was awarded the Iron Cross second class on 18 January 1945.

FATE:
    Sent to Italy. After the war his wife declared him as dead. As he had a number of criminal offences to his name, he found it better to disappear off the records. He lived under the false name "Heinz Brenner", the name he went by at Hartheim. The justice department came to know of him and arrested him in May 1961.
    Instead of a notorious mass murderer he professed to be a "fighter against partisans in the Lublin area".
    During his trial he constantly maintained that there were no sick and cripple people executed in Sobibor - only when he was cross examined he admitted that everything was true.
    During the first Hagen trial, he committed suicide shortly before his judgement was pronounced.

Quote by nico2003 View Post
    He was an SS-Oberscharführer in SS-Division Totenkopf. He also was part of Aktion Reinhardt and Aktion T4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Bolender
    I only see mentions of Totenkopfverbände, not the Totenkopf division.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Might it be the "SS-Totenkopfverbände" cuff title. The photo is pretty small, but it's a long title.

You may be right. Isn't this cuff title rather rare, especially in field gray uniforms? Does anyone have any period photos of this cuff title in wear in a field gray uniform?