Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lack of moral fibre

Article about: hi guy's sorry if posted in wrong place??? but just finished a cracking book titled, bomber boy's, !!, and i was just wondering what became of the fella's that refused to go on any more bomb

?

Default lack of moral fibre

hi guy's sorry if posted in wrong place??? but just finished a cracking book titled, bomber boy's, !!, and i was just wondering what became of the fella's that refused to go on any more bombing mission's especialy over berlin??? one example is,, one chap after a particularly nasty op over berlin, he muttered " i wont be doing that again" the skipper asked him to repeat it? which he did, and the next morning he was gone??? classed as (LMF) that was only one example in the book there where a lot more!!! but it does'nt say wether they where put on charge or what became of them,,????????? i'm not saying they where cowards because i probably would'nt have the guts to do it myself!!!!!!, just wondered what became of these young men,,??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement lack of moral fibre
    P
    Many

?

It took courage and a lot of mettle in those days, I seem to feel also the same way sometimes... Fearless and with courage and family and Country at stake.. they gave all.. God Bless... Humbly..G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

it must have been bloody terrifying,, i honestly dont think i would have been able to cope with it???,,

?

And it depended on service... Air... Sea and land... I would have at least felt a little more stable on land.. But some of the most bloodiest carnage was fought on land... JMO...G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

LMF was a pile of crap!!! Some Men could deal with it and some could not, to stamp someone with LMF was just wrong!!!!

JUst My Thoughts.

Dean O
    Canada

I agree with you Dean, sometimes these men were pushed to far.

?

it was not a pile of crap deano,, it actually happened??!!! ane we all agree its morally wrong to stamp these men with this tag!! but the original question was, what happened to these poor souls????

As the other guys have said they were young guys who were pushed too far, as for what happened to them they were stripped of rank and sent off in disgrace to do menial tasks elsewhere.

?

thanks gunny, that what was puzzling me???? the book i read had plent of examples but never actually stateted what happened to these lads,,

Quote by martc View Post
    thanks gunny, that what was puzzling me???? the book i read had plent of examples but never actually stateted what happened to these lads,,
    Yep the poor buggers would spend the rest of the war cleaning toilets etc!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast