Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Lapplandschild" grouping

Article about: A good day indeed. This grouping was lost in the mail (including many more original documents to the same soldier) for almost four months but today it finally arrived!! The solid grouping is

Jan
    ?

Default "Lapplandschild" grouping

A good day indeed.

This grouping was lost in the mail (including many more original documents to the same soldier) for almost four months but today it finally arrived!!

The solid grouping is to a Heer soldier who fought in Finland (7. Gebirgs-Division, 10./Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 206), became an Allied prisoner of war and was awarded the "Lapplandschild" while in captivity (in Norway). He also visited the specific area of my research, a German transition camp in Hanko S. Finland (in 1943).

The award document is an original (from 31.7.1945) but according to evidence from the papers he accuired the "Schild" sometime after having been released from captivity in 1947.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Lapplandschild" grouping  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Lapplandschild" grouping
    P
    Many

Wow, a great grouping, i would have been hopping mad if this had been lost in the post myself. I was annoyed enough when the Dutch postal service lost a slave workers letter from Mittlebau-Dora that was on it's way to me a few years back! Leon.

Lucky You... You've got it back.
    I lost Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen mit Einsatzzahl "25'',costed bit of money...Russian customs confiscated it, violations of russian laws about items bearing "nazi" symbols. Even lawyer could not help me out in that situation. What a pity, still remeber it like yesterday..
    Since than- no more business with Russia, but before got lot's of nice & rare original items for good prices.
    Regards,
    Peter