MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Living with a nazi name

Article about: I also recall that one of Fieldmarshall Paulus' sons committed suicide long after the war...and Gretl Braun/Fegelein's daughter, Eva Barbara Fegelein also committed suicide in 1971...Katrin

?

Default Living with a nazi name

Excellent, thought provoking article on the BBC website today, regarding the descendants of some of the more infamous Nazi personalities. Well worthy of a read, and includes a sombre video clip of Rainer Hoess, grandson of Rudolf Hoess, the former Kommandant of KZ Auschwitz, visiting the former family villa at the camp.

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Living with a nazi name
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Living with a nazi name

Here's the link: Hated Surnames.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Indeed! Tonight BBC2 9.00pm - 'Hitlers Children', cant wait !

Clashes with 'The apprentice' though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

While I was displaying my museum about 5 years ago a woman about 45 yrs old seemed extremely interested in my display of TR items. She really wanted to know if I had any SS items. I asked her why she was so interested and she replied that her grandfather was A high ranking SS officer. I asked who that was and she replied " Rudolph Hoess". Then she mentioned she wanted to re-build a copy of his uniform because the Americans took all of his original stuff. I was a bit set back at first thinking she was pulling my leg, but she was very sincere. Her husband got angry with her for mentioning her name and hurried her away shortly after. I found the meeting very interesting.

Burt

I remember at the House of the Wansee Conference they had an exhibit on this exact topic. Descendants of the TR, especially those who were at the Wansee Conference are still haunted by/ discriminated against because of the decisions and actions of their forefathers.

?

Before my wife and I were married there was a woman who worked at the wifes company with the in laws, her name was Freda and she was German, she was'nt well liked as her attitude was very curt towards people, one day the future mother in law saw a tattoo number on her upper arm, when asked she stated that it was a Hitler youth number, I thought this was strange so one day I asked her if she had been in the SS, she tried to avoid the subject but said she had been a typist in a police station on the outskirts of Dortmund, when the wife and I finally tied the knot we had the reception in Wood Green , London, guess who turned up, the in laws asked who invited her, she replied that we had forgotten her invite so she decided to turn up , to avoid any scene we allowed her to stay but she was'nt catered for , she created stink, the next thing that happened was my mum grabbing hold of her and bodily throwing her out, she was exceptionally arrogant and held a nasty grudge towards the in laws for years until redundancy forced her out

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Indeed! Tonight BBC2 9.00pm - 'Hitlers Children', cant wait !

Clashes with 'The apprentice' though

Nick
    Nick! Don't miss The Apprentice. I got ya covered... Hitler’s Children | Watch Free Documentary Online

Seen 'Hitler's Children' a few times. Excellent docu! The same site has some epic WW2 docus too.

Cheers!

Quote by DiggityDiggity View Post
    Nick! Don't miss The Apprentice. I got ya covered... Hitler’s Children | Watch Free Documentary Online

Seen 'Hitler's Children' a few times. Excellent docu! The same site has some epic WW2 docus too.

Cheers!
    Thanks mate, but last night was a different 'Hitlers Children'. Its the one refered to in Adrians link with interviews of the descendants of Hiltler and the heirarchy

Got to see the Apprentice though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    She really wanted to know if I had any SS items. I asked her why she was so interested and she replied that her grandfather was A high ranking SS officer. I asked who that was and she replied " Rudolph Hoess". Then she mentioned she wanted to re-build a copy of his uniform because the Americans took all of his original stuff.
    Burt
    She was a bit modest, don't you say?

Rudolph Hess - High Ranking SS Officer???

Ok..., He was only Hitler's right hand and deputy. Who flew to Scotland, turns himself over in a BF 110 to parachute out, only to get captured and incarcerated on his way to meet the Duke of Hamilton. And later treated for insanity.

Just curious what was her view on the great conspiracy of Rudolph Hess???

Was it his solo effort to negotiate a peace treaty or was their more sinister forces at work. Considering all the blood line ties between the Hess family and prominent British families. Or the fact that Hess was isolated and was never allowed to discuss anything related to the period of World War II or to the Nazi regime.

?

Hoess not Hess ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast