Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

loads of new books about to be thrown in the skip!

Article about: Hey all! About 3 weeks ago I went up to dublin to help clean out and distroy an old metal shed full of old 70s-80s junk that was put in the shed and forgoten. The shed started leaking so eve

?

Default loads of new books about to be thrown in the skip!

Hey all!
    About 3 weeks ago I went up to dublin to help clean out and distroy an old metal shed full of old 70s-80s junk that was put in the shed and forgoten. The shed started leaking so everything started crawling "shiver".
    we found the most bizar items like four 30-year-old deep-fat fryers and raw-hide leather! and dont get me started on the card-board box full of old cigars and easter chocolat that turned green! but out of all the junk i managed to find a mint case of expensive pipes and 7 war books.
    I got..

the forgotten soldier,
    Goodbye mickey mouse,
    setting europe ablaze,
    storm warning,
    my grandands engineering war books dated 1941,
    Night of the fox,

they were all my dads when he was a kid growing up in Dalkey and i found them by chance when all these books fell threw a rotten card-board box!

I am reading the forgotten soldier right now and it is an amazing book!

cheers,
    -Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement loads of new books about to be thrown in the skip!
    P
    Many

Default Re: loads of new books about to be thrown in the skip!

yep the forgotten soldier is a brilliant book i won't spoil it but its a page turner mental what people throw away sometimes

tom

Well rescued mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

thanks,
    the forgotten soldier is very very good, i got giving out to for reading it non-stop when i should of been walking the dog!
    I feel like Im there and I feel terrible when one of the soldiers gets killed or gets frost-bite .

cheers,
    -patrick

I first read the forgotten soldier 23 years ago and it is a brilliant book. I've read all sorts of conflicting articles since as to whether it is based on a fictional bloke or a real soldier, whatever the case it is rivetting reading and really puts you out there amongst the mud, snow, lice and death of the eastern front.