Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lt. Roberts foot locker....

Article about: I posted this over on another forum but thought you people might like to see this: So a friend of mine's wife's grandfather died last year and Steve has been telling me of all the stuff he f

Default Lt. Roberts foot locker....

I posted this over on another forum but thought you people might like to see this:

So a friend of mine's wife's grandfather died last year and Steve has been telling me of all the stuff he found in the old man's foot locker. Literally. He fought in the European theater and was discharged as a first Lt. in the US Army. He would never talk about his time in the service. This is what all he came back with:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190898...65768734/show/

Am I correct that he has a Japanese aircraft gun camera? If so I wonder how he came by that? It still has film in it... The daggers blades are still in grease.

he has a stack of super 8 movie reels the guy took in combat areas... I'm trying to pay out of my own pocket to get them on a CD!

regards, mitch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lt. Roberts foot locker....
    P
    Many

WOW !! So all that gear was in it??? He must have been collecting it craps games!! ha,Ha!

What a nice treasure trove you got there!! very cool

Oh wait... it's not mine Command 450! I am actively trying to get hold of some of it... and those super 8 film cans! I'm amazed stuff like this turns up still to this day; unbelievable.

WOW!

Very nice collection he had there.

Indeed Ed... he came out as a 1st Lt. so, he had a little stroke. What I find amazing is, he was a Jew. My friend Steve, who brought all this stuff in boxes to my office is Jewish, and a native Texan. I didn't ask, but I'll surmise his wife is Jewish too. Ditto Lt. Roberts. Heck I'll just ask Steve and he'll set all this straight. So this guy didn't flinch taking pics of dead U.S. GIs or Germans. No telling what's on those super 8 reels.

regards ,m

An absolutely superb collection of souvenirs! It is to be hoped they can all be kept together.

Its one hell of a collection. Perhaps you have talked to them about selling as a set?

Of interest, The Japanese were know for their zeal and love for photography. They made the best lenses and camera equipment. That camera sure looks like it milspec from what I can see

My dad bought a Nikon back around 1957 while on tour in the navy. the lens is just flat out as good as it gets and the pics it took were amazing. It is extremely well made and I highly prize it.

One can only imagine whats on those film reels,but you would think he would have said something about what on them over the years....

Although not unusual for "real" combat vets to keep to themsleves,personal memories and details.

I wonder what unit he was with?

?

Some of the best German finds I have made were from guys that were Jewish. They were war trophies.
    I love the mountain cap. If you get it lets do some business friend.

?

WOW. What a find, best of luck picking all of it up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast