Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Martin Bormann's Fate

Article about: Recently on a local TV show, there was a short discussion on Martin Bormann. I certainly don't want to get a heated political or consipracy discussion started. I'm just very curious to hear

Default Martin Bormann's Fate

Recently on a local TV show, there was a short discussion on Martin Bormann. I certainly don't want to get a heated political or consipracy discussion started. I'm just very curious to hear what our esteemed and enlightened forum members think.

My somewhat simplified American take is that he left the bunker with Stumpfegger, died at the Lehrter train station, was accidentally dug up in 1972, and identified via DNA in 1998. I was suprised to see that the facts surrounding his death continue to be so controversial in 2011.

Thanks,
    Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Martin Bormann's Fate
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Martin Bormann's Fate

I believe his skeleton had clay and dirt from South America just like Mengele.
    Never can be sure though.

Thanks for your comment Steve, I did read there was a question about red clay on the skull from which the DNA was obtained. Unfortunately the clay was never analyzed.

?

It has been so long ago when Bormans skeleton was found I believe I remember he was identified by dental records at the time as DNA hadn't been discovered yet.
    As with most folks of my generation the 70's are a little blurry.

I can certainly agree with the 70's being blurry. What sparked my interest lately, was an article written in 1998. A highly esteemed DNA lab here in the US compared DNA from a skull preportedly dug at the station to DNA from a known Bormann relative. They reported a 100% match. A variety of differing interests being stretched at this point.

In 1972, a new expanded search was going to be made for Borman in South America. Within weeks after that announcement, his skull was found after so many years, There was South American clay found in the skull. It is likely that Borman escaped and his bones exhumed and planted in Berlin. Likely, no one wanted to expand on how he got away and proof of death put the matter to bed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

What a fascinating story, I had never heard about the South American mud being found on the skull. What about the Stumpfegger skeleton found next to Borman, any evidence of something similar there?

?

He had a lot of power and money to get out, mabye he did ?

FWIW I have just finished reading John Toland's work 'The Last 100 Days'. Written in 1966 but with the benefit of many live interviews at the time he mentions an anonymous but authoritative SS source who claimed that Bormann at that time was alive and well in South America.

?

I bet the Odessa was behind it and when Bormann passed in south America his remains were returned to the area where it is believed he was originally killed back in 1945. There by keeping the rumors and the secrets of the Odessa and other groups silent, so rumors and myth about other senior leaders deaths and whereabouts at bay. Just my thoughts, it is a fascinating topic though and makes one think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast