Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Medic grouping

Article about: Evening all wondering if anyone can help I've just brought a medic grouping with all the guys dog tag,medals,insigna,feldpost etc was wondering if anyone knew where I can try to do some rese

Default Medic grouping

Evening all wondering if anyone can help I've just brought a medic grouping with all the guys dog tag,medals,insigna,feldpost etc was wondering if anyone knew where I can try to do some research on this German medic grouping.

Many thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medic grouping
    P
    Many

It all depends on what sort of research you want to do. If you have the Feldpost Number for his unit then you can check it from the list in the first link and then check the second link to see where his unit was at various points in the war...
    Feldpost numbers

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Thanks for the help I must be doing something wrong or not reading it right!! Still can't track him down!

What Feldpost Numbers are there?

The feldpost number I have is 18213 A

Depending on the time frame it is one of these units. The 'A' relates to the Stab.

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Stab I Artillerie-Regiment 40
    (28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Stab I u. 1.-3. Batterie Artillerie-Regiment
    (24.3.1944-6.11.1944) 4.7.1944 Stab IV u. 10.-12. Batterie
    Artillerie-Regiment 40
    (24.3.1944-6.11.1944) 6.10.1944 Stab IV u. 10.-12. Batterie
    Artillerie-Regiment 376
    (7.11.1944-Kriegsende) 16.1.1945 gestrichen.

Thank you for your help sorry to keep going on is there any other way of finding anymore out about the guy?

Check the Lexikon link and look up Artillerie-Regiment 40 in the Heer section. Then you can see what parent unit it belonged to and then where that unit spent the war.
    As for finding out about the actual man, unless he won a high end award then there is little to no chance of finding anything out. You could read the Feldpost letters and see if they offer an insight into what he was like.
    If you have his date of birth you can try and contact Deutsche Dienstelle (do a Google search) and see if they will provide you with his service details but the charges are that they won't unless you are a Next of Kin.

?

I have another option to fnd a little bit more about the guy. If you do have his date of birth, or his place of birth, go to the Volksbund.de website and look into the Gräbersuche online. It might tell you if the guy got killed or was missing in action, where that could have been, and where he might be buried. This just came to my mind, but as I mentioned you need to have a date of birth or place of birth.